+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2964Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I have a problem with a writer supposedly going on "others' comments and opinions" of what he has heard. That doesn't convince me.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I haven't liked the way Whoopi and Joy have treated guests over the years, downright rude, and they're never taken to task..
    I agree. Two wrongs don't make a right.

You shouldn't invite a guest on your program and show complete disrespect. There are better ways to debate with someone.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I agree. Two wrongs don't make a right.

You shouldn't invite a guest on your program and show complete disrespect. There are better ways to debate with someone.
    I agree, but then I didnt think she was rude.When Greta van Heusen was on, Joy sighed, rolled her eyes and tapped her fingers on the table, who does that? Big mouth Behar, that's who..!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree, but then I didnt think she was rude.When Greta van Heusen was on, Joy sighed, rolled her eyes and tapped her fingers on the table, who does that? Big mouth Behar, that's who..!
    I agree with this, as well. If I were Greta Van Susteren, I would have been offended.

As I've mentioned before, I wish this show would get off the political bandwagon, as their main thrust, BUT their ratings have shot up because of this subject matter. Didn't host chat used to be 15 minutes? Now, it seems to go on forever.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I agree with this, as well. If I were Greta Van Susteren, I would have been offended.

As I've mentioned before, I wish this show would get off the political bandwagon, as their main thrust, BUT their ratings have shot up because of this subject matter. Didn't host chat used to be 15 minutes? Now, it seems to go on forever.
    I admit I don't watch every show, but hot topics should just be hot topic, with nobody but Democrats on it..that's my take. I feel sorry for them in some ways, it consumes Joys life, Whoopi has other things
    -Andy Rooney-

Another quite impressive young guest host, yesterday. She was being very honest, and I appreciated that. I was also pleased that the entire panel went through several matters that haven't been front page news. It seems like they've been getting stuck on one or two things and there's so many more political blunders they could cover such as all of the ethical violations - the bank DT owes millions to being forgiven - the folks in his condos hiding their identities in shell companies - and what about Walmart's troubles and how that is being spun in the WH, as well as Carrier's - OSHA, who thinks changing OSHA is a good plan - and how about the teacher who was handcuffed for speaking up at a public meeting? I would love it if they would expand even more than they did yesterday to cover these other important political issues. I have no other platform in my viewing options (we do not get cable) where I can get the back-and-forth type of conversation that is shown on this program. The Talk does nothing for me. I am starving for political conversation for the first time in my life. I could care less about how you tell your best friend that her husband is cheating on her or who was seen out with who on Hollywood Blvd.

FM, I wouldn't worry about Joy. She's rich, has several homes, a husband, a child, a grandchild and an unconditional loving puppy who is as cute as can be! The whole pen tapping thing with Ana might have been a little residual uncomfortableness from the last time when Ana was on - she and Joy had a difference of opinion over the imbalance between the accusations that were being thrown at Franken and at Moore. I found Joy to be right, and Ana to be unyielding. Honestly, I get the feeling Ana can be unyielding a lot! As for Whoopi... she's doing Whoopi, and that's what makes her happiest.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

It was Greta, not Ana
    .Oh I'm sure Ana, Meg fill in the blank are all unyielding, except Joy.
    -Andy Rooney-

Greta sent a tweet saying she had fun and that being on the show had been on her bucket list, and she was reported to say that they had all be nice to her, so I'm going to have to go back and watch that particular show to see what you and tinderbox saw.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Greta sent a tweet saying she had fun and that being on the show had been on her bucket list, and she was reported to say that they had all be nice to her, so I'm going to have to go back and watch that particular show to see what you and tinderbox saw.
    She was tapping her fingers btw, not a pencil.She's rude, aggressive and not that funny.
    -Andy Rooney-

I watched a couple episodes of this show years ago and it was nothing but shopping tips, Hollywood gossip, recipes, household hints and other general stuff like that. In reading all your comments here today it seems like this show's evolved more into discussions about current events. Hmmmm.....I might just have to DVR a couple of episodes.
    Gutmutter and Baby's Breath like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

+ Reply to Thread