+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2962Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I have been reading the testimony that Feinstein released and it just curdles my stomach that there are people in Washington who are trying to discredit and/or place criminal charges against the people who did all that work. I wish the ladies at the table knew what the public knows today when L Graham was on Monday. I think it would have been a whole different discussion.

Today's guest will be the author of Fire and Fury.
    tapper01 likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Today's guest will be the author of Fire and Fury.
    Those interview segments were really interesting. I could see Meghan chomping at the bit waiting to pounce. She predictably jumped in with both feet in her unnecessarily hostile and confrontational manner. I LOL'd when she asked him if he considers her a "Jarvanka" Republican -- Meghan dear, who cares. He was not there to talk about you, nor was it about you in the least. What an ego.

I agree. She was harshly over the top.
    tinderbox, tapper01 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Count your blessings!

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Those interview segments were really interesting. I could see Meghan chomping at the bit waiting to pounce. She predictably jumped in with both feet in her unnecessarily hostile and confrontational manner. I LOL'd when she asked him if he considers her a "Jarvanka" Republican -- Meghan dear, who cares. He was not there to talk about you, nor was it about you in the least. What an ego.
    I didnt see it all, but other than Bannon, who did he talk to? I loved Meg mentioned the people who said they were quoted wrong, or that wasn't true, and he just hopped over that question.
    Lots of people sleep in separate bedrooms, that means nothing.
    He's a bit creepy looking isn't he...I should look online for the start..nah, it would be more of the same.Jarvanka, honestly what journalists uses that? Smh....sad. And off the record, doesn't mean off the record..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought Meghan was rude to the invited "guest" in her "home". The manner in which she questioned him said more about her than him, imo.

I don't agree with her politics but I have grown to appreciate what she adds to the show. Today...not so much.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I thought Meghan was rude to the invited "guest" in her "home". The manner in which she questioned him said more about her than him, imo.

I don't agree with her politics but I have grown to appreciate what she adds to the show. Today...not so much.
    She reminds me sometimes of my least favorite panel member of all time -- Elisabeth -- when she gets all loud, hostile, and self-righteous. She seems to have a lot of pent-up anger, and she couldn't wait to dump it on the guest today as soon as she opened her mouth. The fact that he remained calm and didn't take the bait was to his credit.
    tapper01 likes this.

I haven't liked the way Whoopi and Joy have treated guests over the years, downright rude, and they're never taken to task..
    -Andy Rooney-

Meghan came out of the gate acting like she was going to pin him on something that nobody has, but her question was 100% predictable and a been there, done that moment, as I've heard this author asked that very same question many times over the past week. For a fleeting moment, I agreed with her that he shouldn't have done a switch up with an off-the-record dinner, but then I realized he did what anyone would have done. Say I tell my daughter on a particular bad hair day that she can take pics of me with my grandson as long as she doesn't show them to anyone but then something happens in the background that becomes useful evidence. I would absolutely understand her going back on her commitment to me; I wouldn't expect any less. Meghan came into that question with a bent nose - she said as much - so no way could she be objective.

When I read what AlwaysVeg wrote above I thought, oh gosh, that's harsh BUT then I noticed Meghan's twitter feed. Someone wrote to her that she'd given the author his "toughest interview so far" and she wrote "Best compliment I've gotten in months." And AlwaysVeg, I agree, her Jarvanka comment was presumptuous.

On another note, I love Sunny but I wasn't crazy about what she said about Tanya Harding. I appreciated Whoopi's perspective more. I am really looking forward to that interview. And wasn't Whoopi in a great mood yesterday, playing her base/bass? Funny! I'm glad she's feeling better.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

FORT Fogey

I think the reason that for some interviews Whoopi and Joy seem rude and for others Megan seems rude (or Elisabeth before her) is because I think that for political interviews, they plan ahead of time how they will tag team and who will take the "gotcha" role. The show became something more important years ago when it took a political turn, and the no question about it cultivate it to stoke people's emotions when it comes to politics. In any given interview they know they have viewers who want to cheer on the guest and others who want to stick it to 'em - regardless of who that guest is. So they choose ahead of time who is going to take on what role. In this case, they knew Megan could not come across as sincere if she tried to go after him with a "how dare you disrespect the president you liar!" approach - even though some viewers feel that way about the book. But she could take issue with terminology and stoke the emotions of Trump supporting viewers that way, so she did.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

They have a meeting before the show, that's why they have notes. I just think its funny that its never mentioned how rude Whoopi, but more so Joy have been rude so many times.
    They cross the line, often. As for the writer, he never answered her question about all the people that practically called him a liar..I guess its something to coming to..lol
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread