+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2962Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

You're right AcookerTV, we are talking about different conversations. I walked out of the room before the Kardashian segment.

Meghan said she was being lectured. As the moderator Joy stopped her and asked her to explain. I think Joy was right to do so. She didn't cut her off, and she didn't let it blow over, she asked her to explain. And when Meghan said she feels she has to keep defending the values of her base, that's when Joy got flustered.
    tapper01 likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    FM, Barbara would call Meghan to fire her.

Sheís the one who is not listening. Neither her nor Paula were connecting the dots today. Meghan and her base (which she brings into every comment she makes) and Paula were defensive over questioning/discussing the mental stability of the oldest person to ever be elected? They think itís a bad precedent to start? How so? Because Paula has short term memory loss herself, but she doesnít even know what short term memory loss is! And because Meghan wouldnít want anyone to assume she had a - I canít even say it - because her father did?! What kind of reasoning is that? They both acted immaturely today.
    So, basically ,anyone who isn't a democrat is wrong. Paula is wrong. god Meghan is always wrong, and hells bells if anyone says Joys a screeching harpy, that says the same thing over and over to make her base happy. My friend went to see the show being taped, Joy was in a foul mood, and boy did that audience know it! The applause sign came on so many times,.my friend and her husband were tempted to walk out.
    I tune in to see guests, have you noticed how few they have, or they cancel, I wonder why..smh!

I often mute Joy and Sunny, because I disagree with them, but I'd listen if they didnt lecture and school the audience as if we were all children..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Joy, and Sunny to an extent, goes waaaaayyy overboard all.the.time due to frustration. I agree with much of what they're saying, in theory, but they tend to beat a dead horse and embarrass themselves in the process, imo. Not at all fun to watch.

...Her point is that she wants the danger removed, not the party....
    I agree with this. With all her bluster, I truly believe Joy's beef is with TRUMP and not necessarily the Republican Party. Do I believe she would have issues with Pence or any other Republican as President? Absolutely. However, this time around she's different....actually in a panic. Heck, Trump is.....extremely different from any other President I've witnessed. I understand her day to day negativity but it's like she chooses to reside in a political bubble and won't get out of it. I believe it's an unhealthy choice.

I think the entire tenor of the host chat segment of the show needs to change. They should cut the political talk in half. It's just too much.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 01-06-2018 at 04:32 PM.

but it's like she chooses to reside in a political bubble and won't get out of it. I believe it's an unhealthy choice.
    This, so much this..
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Joy, and Sunny to an extent, goes waaaaayyy overboard all.the.time due to frustration. I agree with much of what they're saying, in theory, but they tend to beat a dead horse and embarrass themselves in the process, imo. Not at all fun to watch.

I agree with this. With all her bluster, I truly believe Joy's beef is with TRUMP and not necessarily the Republican Party. Do I believe she would have issues with Pence or any other Republican as President? Absolutely. However, this time around she's different....actually in a panic. Heck, Trump is.....extremely different from any other President I've witnessed. I understand her day to day negativity but it's like she chooses to reside in a political bubble and won't get out of it. I believe it's an unhealthy choice.

I think the entire tenor of the host chat segment of the show needs to change. They should cut the political talk in half. It's just too much.
    Not to lay this all back on Meghan, but Meghan seems to be bringing out the worst in Joy. It's like all those self-help books where they tell you that the way you can get someone to change is by changing your behavior. If Meghan changed her behavior, Joy would go back to being Joy, but Meghan just keeps pushing her mantra with absolutely no regard to the fact that Joy has assured her that her concern is not about the party, but about the man.

I personally prefer the political talk over the filler.
    tapper01 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Iíll be curious to see what they have to say about Fire and Fury tomorrow.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Iíll be curious to see what they have to say about Fire and Fury tomorrow.
    Oh they'll love it! Even if Bannon is now backing down regarding Don Jr, and the CIA director has said something nice. Our PM said, the one thing that surprised him about Trump, is he listens..go figure..( shrug)

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...wrong-n2430611
    Obamas auto czar called this book a sleazy...

As liberals lick their lips over the juicy details, letís not forget that it isnít just the Trump White House thatís slamming this book. Former members of the Obama administration, other members of the news media, and even CNN have warned that this book is shoddy at parts.
    But yeah, it will be Meghan's fault of course..
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 01-07-2018 at 10:59 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

The ladies already acknowledged Friday that there were parts in the book that were inaccurate, such as a woman's age, and parts that were determined to be spot on, so it was going to be hard to know what was valuable insight and what was not. Their copies hadn't arrived yet (but they were on their way).

Whoopie looked stunning today in her floral on black top.
    rcurrytoo and Baby's Breath like this.
    Count your blessings!

I didn't think I liked Lindsey Graham. He's a very measured man.I noticed when he spoke, they didn't do their usual nauseating interrupting. I agree, other presidents didn't get it done with NK, wouldn't it be something if Trump did.! They have always been threatening, always. People have short memories. I'm was astounded NK reached out to SK.

Poor Ana, got the side eye from Joy, she had to reach out and touch her arm. Don't bother Ana, she interrupts all the time.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread