+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2962Likes

Thread: The View

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: The View

That's why I've never understood the claim that Joy is so clever, she's as irritating as he!l, and is constantly irritated.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I think there's a fine line of Meghan knowing what she got herself into doing this show, and being the only conservative on the panel. Might explain her irritability at times. Can't they find something NEW and refreshing to discuss?
    Nope! This is going to go on and on, hence the FF gets a good workout,and I can mute Joy.lol
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Why would Barbra call her?, she's holed up in her apartment, hasn't been seen for a long long time
    I admit I had Joy on mute most of the time, is she ever hyper! Wow screech!!!

I love seeing Paula on Friday, cool and calm..

Didnt have a clue which Kardashian that was until they said, has she had work done?
    Talking/yelling over one another, same blank, different day. Lectures with Sunny...zzz
    Glad MM mentioned how well the Dow is doing, and people are working! Important
    FM, Barbara would call Meghan to fire her.

Sheís the one who is not listening. Neither her nor Paula were connecting the dots today. Meghan and her base (which she brings into every comment she makes) and Paula were defensive over questioning/discussing the mental stability of the oldest person to ever be elected? They think itís a bad precedent to start? How so? Because Paula has short term memory loss herself, but she doesnít even know what short term memory loss is! And because Meghan wouldnít want anyone to assume she had a - I canít even say it - because her father did?! What kind of reasoning is that? They both acted immaturely today.
    law638 likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I'm working from home this afternoon, and these comments made me curious so I just watched the interaction between Meghan and Joy. There are things about Megan than frustrate me. She knew coming onto the show she'd be the lone conservative voice, so it irks me when she tries to pretend that makes her a victim. I don't think she serves her cause well by getting whiny about that a lot of the time.
    That being said, I think she rightfully gets frustrated by Joy repeating false claims over and over again and pretending they are fact. Every time I've watched the show since Megan joined, I've heard Joy push the notion that the minority is running the country through Trump, leaning on his 35% approval rating. Joy is arguing it from a standpoint of 65% don't support Trump so he shouldn't be in power. Not only does that ignore the Constitutional basis for our government, but it misrepresents the views of those who don't support Trump. Joy is trying to paint it as if 65% of the country wants Hillary in charge. That's FAR from the truth - if it was true, she'd be president. Joy takes cheap false shots like that and I can understand why Megan gets tired of it.Of course, Joy was doing that for years - so Megan knew what she was getting into.
    I see why you hear that but this is what I hear...

What Joy and Sunny are merely saying is it is one thing for his base to get him in, despite all the stuff those voters willingly overlooked, but it is another for his base and congressional members to still support him after witnessing all of the unconscionable things he has done and/or is suspected of doing. Add to that the fact that he is acting oddly, which is a fact which everyone in the WH acknowledges in the new book they were discussing, and add to that fact that he is tweeting about the size of his nuclear button... and you have to ask what Joy and Sunny are asking - Why is he there when the vast majority of the country feels he is unfit? Why would anyone, base or not base, think it was wise for him to be there? If it is all about his base, like Meghan keeps saying it is, then why donít they just put Pence in? Joy has said over and over she likes Bush now, she makes light of it, she would be fine with him in there. Her point is that she wants the danger removed, not the party.

It was very tense today. I really thought Meghan was going to walk off the stage.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

I never thought Meg was going to walk, not at all.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I see why you hear that but this is what I hear...

What Joy and Sunny are merely saying is it is one thing for his base to get him in, despite all the stuff those voters willingly overlooked, but it is another for his base and congressional members to still support him after witnessing all of the unconscionable things he has done and/or is suspected of doing. Add to that the fact that he is acting oddly, which is a fact which everyone in the WH acknowledges in the new book they were discussing, and add to that fact that he is tweeting about the size of his nuclear button... and you have to ask what Joy and Sunny are asking - Why is he there when the vast majority of the country feels he is unfit? Why would anyone, base or not base, think it was wise for him to be there? If it is all about his base, like Meghan keeps saying it is, then why don’t they just put Pence in? Joy has said over and over she likes Bush now, she makes light of it, she would be fine with him in there. Her point is that she wants the danger removed, not the party.

It was very tense today. I really thought Meghan was going to walk off the stage.
    It was tense, and it illustrates why Joy is a good panelist, but not a good moderator. She was abusing her position as moderator to shut Megan down. When they were talking about unsolicited advice and Megan talked about people coming to her since her dad's diagnosis was shared, Joy jumped in to say that was support and not advice. She's not in those conversations. She doesn't know what is said to Megan ... and Megan was talking about ADVICE and not support. She doesn't cut off the other women like she did to Megan. That's a problem on Joy,and Megan is right to be frustrated by it.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

The conversation I heard had to do with if your parents have something it doesn't mean you're going to get it too. Completely true. But irrelevant to the point that Joy and Sunny were trying to make.

FORT Fogey

The conversation I heard had to do with if your parents have something it doesn't mean you're going to get it too. Completely true. But irrelevant to the point that Joy and Sunny were trying to make.
    That's not the conversation I'm referring to. I'm talking about the discussion about unsolicited advice that started with Khloe Kardashian talking about everything people are telling her about pregnancy without her asking.Megan related it to unsolicited advice about a parent having cancer and Joy cut her off.

Yes, that was unrelated to the discussion and point Joy and Sunny were making about Trump. But again, I think their point is weakened because they are taking a statistic (polls from September that say a majority of people think Trump is unfit for office) and attaching additional beliefs to that - namely what to do about that point of view. Not everyone that questions his fitness believes he should be removed, but Joy has attached that belief to all because she wants to believe that if she thinks it, everyone else does.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Yes, she was a bit snippy with that remark..but Joy did say that wasn't advice, when it was advice to Meg

How to deal with a parent with cancer is valid and appreciated.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Oh Meghan, cry me a river.

I was giving her some leeway but not today. Enough of the complaining. If your phone "blows up" today, it's because Barbara is calling you.

I feel rattled by the ignorance that was portrayed on the panel today. Paula's comments about short term memory were immature and uninformed, and Meghan's comment about her dad's serious illness was just cold and flip. Ugh. What a debacle.
    If Meghan doesn't stop whining and complaining about the hard time she's having getting her points across, she's going to get fired, and I will applaud that! She's arrogant and has a giant ego that is completely unjustified. She gets very nervous when her pal and protector Whoopi isn't there. Except for the amusement factor watching her get her panties in a wad, she ruins the show for me.
    Gutmutter, tapper01 and law638 like this.

+ Reply to Thread