+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2962Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I agree..that men don't usually get in a snit when it comes to politics. Not usually.
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I agree..that men don't usually get in a snit when it comes to politics. Not usually.
    Naw. . . men (like, ohhhh, for example, Donald Trump and Steve Bannon) don't get into a snit when it comes to politics.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Naw. . . men (like, ohhhh, for example, Donald Trump and Steve Bannon) don't get into a snit when it comes to politics.
    Most men..not all men
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I don't think that it's a gender thing. I think there are some people who are intolerant of people who think differently than they do, and there are other people who focus more on values or common bonds and can look past disagreement. I think that Donald Trump, Barack Obama, James Woods, and Alec Baldwin are examples of people who will villify those who disagree with them. I think that Sonya Sotomayor, Oprah Winfrey, and Meredith Vierra are examples of women who can look past disagreements and show respect to differing points of view.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I didn't say all men. I was referring to men in general. The men I know, don't. Much the same as a gossiping-type thing. I don't think most men, in general, care to engage in that.
    nennie and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

FORT Fogey

I sat down to watch yesterdayís episode tonight after the discussion here. After watching Iím not concerned about Joy or Megan - holy crapballs is Yara an impressive woman! She was so well spoken and confident in everything she contributed. Not only that but she made people smarter in what she said, and I loved that she just expressed it - no concern about proving anything.
    She didnít just impress me as a thinker. She also made me appreciate her talent as an actress even more because her character on Blackish is SO different from what she is in real life. Iíd wrongly assumed she was similar to her character, and had my eyes open to discovering how skilled she is in playing someone she is not!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Oh Meghan, cry me a river.

I was giving her some leeway but not today. Enough of the complaining. If your phone "blows up" today, it's because Barbara is calling you.

I feel rattled by the ignorance that was portrayed on the panel today. Paula's comments about short term memory were immature and uninformed, and Meghan's comment about her dad's serious illness was just cold and flip. Ugh. What a debacle.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Oh Meghan, cry me a river.

I was giving her some leeway but not today. Enough of the complaining. If your phone "blows up" today, it's because Barbara is calling you.

I feel rattled by the ignorance that was portrayed on the panel today. Paula's comments about short term memory were immature and uninformed, and Meghan's comment about her dad's serious illness was just cold and flip. Ugh. What a debacle.
    Why would Barbra call her?, she's holed up in her apartment, hasn't been seen for a long long time
    I admit I had Joy on mute most of the time, is she ever hyper! Wow screech!!!

I love seeing Paula on Friday, cool and calm..

Didnt have a clue which Kardashian that was until they said, has she had work done?
    Talking/yelling over one another, same blank, different day. Lectures with Sunny...zzz
    Glad MM mentioned how well the Dow is doing, and people are working! Important
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I'm working from home this afternoon, and these comments made me curious so I just watched the interaction between Meghan and Joy. There are things about Megan than frustrate me. She knew coming onto the show she'd be the lone conservative voice, so it irks me when she tries to pretend that makes her a victim. I don't think she serves her cause well by getting whiny about that a lot of the time.
    That being said, I think she rightfully gets frustrated by Joy repeating false claims over and over again and pretending they are fact. Every time I've watched the show since Megan joined, I've heard Joy push the notion that the minority is running the country through Trump, leaning on his 35% approval rating. Joy is arguing it from a standpoint of 65% don't support Trump so he shouldn't be in power. Not only does that ignore the Constitutional basis for our government, but it misrepresents the views of those who don't support Trump. Joy is trying to paint it as if 65% of the country wants Hillary in charge. That's FAR from the truth - if it was true, she'd be president. Joy takes cheap false shots like that and I can understand why Megan gets tired of it.Of course, Joy was doing that for years - so Megan knew what she was getting into.
    Miss_Griss and Fanny Mare like this.

I think there's a fine line of Meghan knowing what she got herself into doing this show, and being the only conservative on the panel. Might explain her irritability at times. Can't they find something NEW and refreshing to discuss?

+ Reply to Thread