+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2962Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Meghan McCain should not have snapped at Joy today. Joy's concern is shared by many security experts who think DT is playing a very dangerous and juvenile game. I don't know why she came down on her like that! I almost think I heard her say something like "if we enter a nuclear" then... but isn't it too late to question anything at that point?!

Their guest host from Blackish was a bright young lady.
    rcurrytoo, Imperfect1 and law638 like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Yara put them all to shame with her quiet demeanor. But she said there was nobody she liked to lead, Meghan said sad, and it was. Joys always in a snit!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yara put them all to shame with her quiet demeanor. But she said there was nobody she liked to lead, Meghan said sad, and it was. Joys always in a snit!
    Joy is MORE than "in a snit." She's probably raging mad (as am I, and a WHOLE LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE) at the pathetic state of the leadership of this country. It's almost impossible to find something to feel neutral about, let alone agree with!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Joy is MORE than "in a snit." She's probably raging mad (as am I, and a WHOLE LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE) at the pathetic state of the leadership of this country. It's almost impossible to find something to feel neutral about, let alone agree with!
    She's getting too old for the job. She's a miserable thing. If you get paid to be on the show to be nothing but nasty, be prepared for others to see it!
    Their young, and eloquent guest didn't think she saw anyone fit to lead! Says a lot..meanwhile Joy says what she's been saying non stop.lol
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think that Joy is find as a panelist, but don't think she's ideal to moderate. To be honest, I think that Whoopi is not a great moderator on some subjects for the same reason. A great moderator has to be willing to put her opinions to the side to encourage discussion. Meredith did a GREAT job for the years she had that role because she'd ask the questions and move the discussion along, but was willing to hold back on her own opinions to encourage others to speak up. Julie Chen does a great job of that on The Talk as well. Joy's passion can provoke a response from viewers, which is why she's good on the show. But when she goes on a tirade as moderator, it discourages others to speak up - it's not a level playing field for debate since she can move to another subject if she doesn't like what someone is saying. Whoopi can put her views aside on some topics, but shuts down the discussion with her own passion on other issues.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

She's getting too old for the job. She's a miserable thing. If you get paid to be on the show to be nothing but nasty, be prepared for others to see it!
    Their young, and eloquent guest didn't think she saw anyone fit to lead! Says a lot..meanwhile Joy says what she's been saying non stop.lol
    Joy has natural mood swings making her the most real/transparent person currently on the panel. She has a beautiful smile and a cute devilish look when she delivers a zinger. I think she's delightful.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Joy has natural mood swings making her the most real/transparent person currently on the panel. She has a beautiful smile and a cute devilish look when she delivers a zinger. I think she's delightful.
    Fine. I think she's mean and cranky.I've thought that for a long time, she laughs at her own one liners.
    AcookerTV likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Fine. I think she's mean and cranky.I've thought that for a long time, she laughs at her own one liners.
    I know some find it endearing, but I get annoyed when she laughs at her own jokes. There are a few people who can pull that off - Michelle Wolf is an example. But Joy can't. When they did a special episode a few years ago showing the behind the scenes of a broadcast of the View, and it revealed that Joy sits down with writers each morning before the show and those writers suggest jokes for topics they will be discussing, it made me dislike the look she gives begging for the laugh even more. As a comedian, she should write her own jokes.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Meghan McCain should not have snapped at Joy today. Joy's concern is shared by many security experts who think DT is playing a very dangerous and juvenile game. I don't know why she came down on her like that! I almost think I heard her say something like "if we enter a nuclear" then... but isn't it too late to question anything at that point?!

Their guest host from Blackish was a bright young lady.
    Meghan McCain was snappish today, too. I'm sorry, but I find her completely unlikeable, snotty, and whiny, especially when it comes to complaining about her place on the panel. If she thinks she's being treated unfairly, maybe she should take one of the many other career options she alluded to, and leave! Greta Van Susteren (sp?) was an interesting pick for the panel. She seemed out of sync in terms of chiming in with her opinions and knowing when to stop.
    JavaJo and law638 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I know some find it endearing, but I get annoyed when she laughs at her own jokes. There are a few people who can pull that off - Michelle Wolf is an example. But Joy can't. When they did a special episode a few years ago showing the behind the scenes of a broadcast of the View, and it revealed that Joy sits down with writers each morning before the show and those writers suggest jokes for topics they will be discussing, it made me dislike the look she gives begging for the laugh even more. As a comedian, she should write her own jokes.
    I didn't bother watching today, but I gather Joy had her snarky face on several times when Greta was talking..oh well, each to their own. I think it would be interesting if women didn't separate themselves because of politics, men don't do that,at least the men I know..
    This show , they have always talked over one another to make a point, right or wrong!
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread