+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2962Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #12391
    Frozen Wings Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Age
    71
    Posts
    28,022

    Re: The View

    A rush to hyperbole about what turned out to be a rush to reporting with incorrect facts that ended with Brian Ross, the reporter, being placed on unpaid leave for four weeks.

    It is really sad for me that Sara is going on maternity leave soon, as she balances out the panel with logic. I can't stand Joy and her one note - boring, or Sunny with her over-talking and sour face. I appreciate Whoopi as a moderator and Meghan who is gaining ground as a very tired spokesperson for what is still called the Republican Party.

    My favorite day this past week was when Sunny wasn't there.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  2. #12392
    Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,008

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    A rush to hyperbole about what turned out to be a rush to reporting with incorrect facts that ended with Brian Ross, the reporter, being placed on unpaid leave for four weeks.

    It is really sad for me that Sara is going on maternity leave soon, as she balances out the panel with logic. I can't stand Joy and her one note - boring, or Sunny with her over-talking and sour face. I appreciate Whoopi as a moderator and Meghan who is gaining ground as a very tired spokesperson for what is still called the Republican Party.

    My favorite day this past week was when Sunny wasn't there.
    I heard he was placed on leave, not good! .I like Sara, she has found her voice and as you say, balances the show.
    I agree, the best ( fun ) day, when was Sunny was away...
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #12393
    FORT Friend Baby's Breath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,033

    Re: The View

    I feel badly for Brian because he's an all-around good guy. I could see how what he did could easily happen when news is breaking. I'm sure Joy is still as joyful today as she was on Friday.

    I don't understand the distain for Sunny. Did you see her piece on Puerto Rico? She's a lovely woman with a big heart.
    Gutmutter likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

  4. #12394
    Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,008

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I feel badly for Brian because he's an all-around good guy. I could see how what he did could easily happen when news is breaking. I'm sure Joy is still as joyful today as she was on Friday.

    I don't understand the distain for Sunny. Did you see her piece on Puerto Rico? She's a lovely woman with a big heart.
    I saw the 60 minutes piece and that was far more interesting than Sunnys, and far less slanted..68000 towers have to be brought in to PR, the island is cut in half.. hers was a fluff piece. imho


    I could see how what he did could easily happen when news is breaking
    Really? he didnt bother to check facts..?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #12395
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,058

    Re: The View

    Meghan was particularly obnoxious again today when the panel was discussing the Brian Ross mistake. I think she's scared poopless of Joy, and Joy has taken it easy on her. Meghan was once again whining about how hard it is to be the only conservative on the panel and to get her views across. So go home, Meghan. I wish they would give her the hook. She sours the whole show for me. I like everyone else on the panel and all the discussions.
    Gutmutter and law638 like this.

  6. #12396
    Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,008

    Re: The View

    I thought Meghan was right about Ross, what an unprofessional! Sunny even said he was wrong.!
    Scared of Joy, why? I admit I didn't see it all, no guests as per, and those stupid deals...yawner.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #12397
    FORT Friend Baby's Breath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,033

    Re: The View

    Yeah, her whining has to stop. I totally agree. Meghan shouldn't have taken the gig if she wasn't up to it.

    Sunny did say that Brian Ross made a mistake, but she did not say he reported fake news, like Meghan did.

    There is no way under the sun what BR did could be construed as Fake news. No way.
    law638 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

  8. #12398
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,855

    Re: The View

    I think that the whining is a tactic that Megan picked up from Sarah Palin during her dad's campaign. There is an approach among some conservative pundits as trying to use the "liberal media" as an excuse and scape goat for everything. Sarah Palin was a master of tapping into that, and I think the Megan uses the tactic as well. It's very annoying, but for a segment of the audience she's speaking to, it's considered very real, and elicits a strong emotional reaction. She's building a loyal audience by resorting to the victim mindset like she is. It doesn't work with the rest of the audience - but the rest of the audience is loyal to other hosts for different reasons.
    Imperfect1 and law638 like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

    "There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

  9. #12399
    FORT Friend Baby's Breath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,033

    Re: The View

    Hadn't thought of it that way, AcookerTV. I will have to ponder that one.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

  10. #12400
    Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,008

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think that the whining is a tactic that Megan picked up from Sarah Palin during her dad's campaign. There is an approach among some conservative pundits as trying to use the "liberal media" as an excuse and scape goat for everything. Sarah Palin was a master of tapping into that, and I think the Megan uses the tactic as well. It's very annoying, but for a segment of the audience she's speaking to, it's considered very real, and elicits a strong emotional reaction. She's building a loyal audience by resorting to the victim mindset like she is. It doesn't work with the rest of the audience - but the rest of the audience is loyal to other hosts for different reasons.
    It was so nice without Whoopi.( sorry to her fan).Joy doesn't say too much, a lot of the usual snark, and did you know, Sunny is biracial?ugh every single time we hear that, I consider that whiny!!!!! and that stupid , lowering her head, peering through her lashes princess Di thing she does..UGH! Ana, meh, she is okay, dullsville imho

    It doesn't work with the rest of the audience - but the rest of the audience is loyal to other hosts for different reasons.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.