+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2962Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I like it just the way it is.
    Arielflies and AcookerTV like this.
    Count your blessings!

FM, I'm not sure what you mean by balanced. If you mean by party, then I don't think it has ever been balanced, and how could it be when there are 5 people at the table? I also don't believe political affiliation had ever been the motivation for any one person being hired, until the debacle of DT.

As far as conversation, I think there have been countless times when we have seen balance, but not now, and again, that's because ALL of these women are uncomfortable (to say the least) of DT's behavior - as are a majority of the country - but Meghan (sometimes) defends his behavior when it is indefensible, for her party. The frustration of that is that is what 85% of the Repubs in Congress are doing right now and where is it getting us? Closer to war is at the top of that long list.
    Gutmutter and AlwaysVeg like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    FM, I'm not sure what you mean by balanced. If you mean by party, then I don't think it has ever been balanced, and how could it be when there are 5 people at the table? I also don't believe political affiliation had ever been the motivation for any one person being hired, until the debacle of DT.

As far as conversation, I think there have been countless times when we have seen balance, but not now, and again, that's because ALL of these women are uncomfortable (to say the least) of DT's behavior - as are a majority of the country - but Meghan (sometimes) defends his behavior when it is indefensible, for her party. The frustration of that is that is what 85% of the Repubs in Congress are doing right now and where is it getting us? Closer to war is at the top of that long list.
    So you're not talking about The View, you are talking about the President ( still) hmm, I thought that thread was cancelled?
    Anyway, Meghan didnt vote Trump neither did her husband,, she doesn't always defend him, that's an untruth. They should just have the four agreeing imho. Sara is fair, Whoopi, no words, Joy, ugly inside. Sunny smart one, who looks in the bio hazard material at the doctors office. Fluff for the people who want fluff, or really ugly Christmas sweaters from the mooch..war is not a discussion this show should talk about imho.!
    Have they spoken about the man that ran to escape NK? Doubtful...have a good one!
    AcookerTV and jjm219 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Anyone who wants fluff should watch The Talk. That's what they're all about. I enjoy The View much more since they started discussing politics and more intelligent and relevant topics, and I'm glad they got rid of everyone who was incapable of that level of discourse (Michelle, Raven, etc.). Their major mistake was firing Nicholle Wallace, though, back when they were still into too much fluff and pop culture. She would have been great on the panel now. I'm glad The View has evolved away from most of that celebrity gossip. Wendy Williams is all about that, so I guess there is a daytime show for everyone based on their areas of interest. Not interested in politics? Think most of the panel is too liberal? Don't watch The View. They're not trying to be CNN. They express opinions, not unbiased news coverage.

No, I won't watch the talk, but I believe one poster that said don't like it, don't watch it, is a way old, and out of line..

Regardless of who's on the panel, everyone appears to be more comfortable on Fridays with Joy moderating -- including MM!
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    So you're not talking about The View, you are talking about the President ( still) hmm, I thought that thread was cancelled?
    Anyway, Meghan didnt vote Trump neither did her husband,, she doesn't always defend him, that's an untruth. They should just have the four agreeing imho. Sara is fair, Whoopi, no words, Joy, ugly inside. Sunny smart one, who looks in the bio hazard material at the doctors office. Fluff for the people who want fluff, or really ugly Christmas sweaters from the mooch..war is not a discussion this show should talk about imho.!
    Have they spoken about the man that ran to escape NK? Doubtful...have a good one!
    My post addressed how the ladies at the table are handling hot topics, and I didn't say that Meghan always defends DT, so there was no untruth in my post.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Anyone who wants fluff should watch The Talk. That's what they're all about. I enjoy The View much more since they started discussing politics and more intelligent and relevant topics, and I'm glad they got rid of everyone who was incapable of that level of discourse (Michelle, Raven, etc.). Their major mistake was firing Nicholle Wallace, though, back when they were still into too much fluff and pop culture. She would have been great on the panel now. I'm glad The View has evolved away from most of that celebrity gossip. Wendy Williams is all about that, so I guess there is a daytime show for everyone based on their areas of interest. Not interested in politics? Think most of the panel is too liberal? Don't watch The View. They're not trying to be CNN. They express opinions, not unbiased news coverage.
    I enjoy it much more now, too, AlwaysVeg, and I totally agree about Nicolle Wallace.
    rcurrytoo and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    My post addressed how the ladies at the table are handling hot topics, and I didn't say that Meghan always defends DT, so there was no untruth in my post.
    Well without Whoopi, it went very well! She needs to go..her and Joy don't care for one another.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

The show is not going to become more conservative, nor is the format going to change away from discussing politics because they're enjoying better ratings from when they were mostly fluff, so that's why I suggested watching a show with a different format if The View is upsetting because it's more political. They still have some fluff, too. That part usually bores me, but I watch for the parts I enjoy.
    Gutmutter likes this.

Speaking of their ratings...

Joy was certainly in the right seat today. Ratings gold. For me it will be one of those where were you when you heard moments.

Honestly, I felt a flood of emotion as she was reading Brian Ross' report, and I appreciated that each lady was able to speak to one of those emotions. I loved being in their company as the news broke.

Joy - Yippee!
    Sara - Oh my gosh, this is SO scary.
    Guest Host - Put this into context (as she emphatically did); really think about what has happened here.
    Sunny - Treason
    Meghan - The Repubs are going to say this is drummed up, and it's only going to divide us more.

So many different perspectives. They handled it so well.
    Gutmutter and AlwaysVeg like this.

+ Reply to Thread