+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2692Likes

Thread: The View

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Being fired from The View was the BEST thing that could've happened to Nicolle Wallace, who has now risen WAAAAAY BEYOND being a co-host on The View. She's the star of HER OWN political show, "Deadline: Whitehouse" on MSNBC, and chief political analyst for both MSNBC and NBC News, she's sharp as a tack, very impressive, and clearly enjoying herself. (And I'll bet she's now making a ton more money as well!)

Wikipedia: Nicolle Wallace
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolle_Wallace
    She was too good for The View..far too good.
    tinderbox and Imperfect1 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I lost all hope today that I am going to be able to enjoy Meghan. Her attitude toward the grieving congresswoman was both condescending and judgmental. She never asked to be put in this position. She didn't come out with this info. She wasn't cheering like the audience was. She loved this young man; all she wants is answers and all she has been doing is telling the truth.

It's about time people start caring about hearing the truth again.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

That was uncomfortable, but Meghan is at the table as the opposition party and I wasn't surprised that she made the comments. Although, in the end, she said sides don't matter when it comes to respecting the service of our armed forces. She also brought up the black hole that is the VA, which for some reason took the others at the table too far off topic and it wasn't allowed in the discussion.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Im okay with what Meghan adds.. I'm glad she put a light on the VA. I thought the congresswoman was out of line, but that's just my perception. I'd of said that was a private call. Anyone using the military, in any way, shape or form, I am strongly against. Strongly.

Kelly certainly backed up what President Trump has said. Kelly was disgusted wit the congresswoman, that she'd listen in to a call like the one she talked of, on the View.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 10-19-2017 at 04:35 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

The congresswoman for all intense purposes is Army Sgt. La David Johnson's family. The phone was being held by someone in the military who was in the limo, not by the congresswoman and not by Myeshia. No one can accuse her of listening in on that call.

DT started this. He was touting his wonderfulness in making these calls. Well guess what, his calls aren't so wonderful, and they aren't as frequent as he brags they are. The congresswoman has politicized nothing. She was asked a question by reporters and she answered it truthfully.

Meghan fell into the blaming the victim role today. Ugh. Anything she had to say afterward, I didn't listen to.
    rcurrytoo and AlwaysVeg like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    The congresswoman for all intense purposes is Army Sgt. La David Johnson's family. The phone was being held by someone in the military who was in the limo, not by the congresswoman and not by Myeshia. No one can accuse her of listening in on that call.

DT started this. He was touting his wonderfulness in making these calls. Well guess what, his calls aren't so wonderful, and they aren't as frequent as he brags they are. The congresswoman has politicized nothing. She was asked a question by reporters and she answered it truthfully.

Meghan fell into the blaming the victim role today. Ugh. Anything she had to say afterward, I didn't listen to.
    This same congresswoman, has voted against measures multiple times that would ensure veterans and their families would still receive benefits despite government shutdowns...ugh! She spouts off on the view, talk about OTT!
    Incredible using this show to bash a President, while La David wasn't in the ground..she disgusted me .Kelly , gold star father who is well thought of, was the one that said he received no call from 44.
    Either way, everyone is using this soldier, its sickening!
    -Andy Rooney-

One thing for sure BB, these brave men, and women, deserve our utmost respect, and really that's the bottom line. My heart goes out to all the families...
    libgirl2 and Imperfect1 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    One thing for sure BB, these brave men, and women, deserve our utmost respect, and really that's the bottom line. My heart goes out to all the families...
    Thank you.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    And that's why Meghan's comments were inappropriate for me. Comments like hers are making this situation even harder for this family.

Let the woman speak her truth. Let her express what she heard and how it made her feel, and how it made Army Sgt. La David Johnson's parents and wife feel.

The only people who are politicizing are the ones who are putting blinders on. Meghan called this woman part of the resistance because she didn't vote for DT. How does that change what she heard in the limo? The fact of the matter is it doesn't.

And another thing.... Meghan's comment about waiting for a call was highly insensitive, especially when you take into consideration that the people who are watching this story are the people who have loved ones who have died while serving our country or are serving now. She was always wondering if it was a call to tell them that their loved one (I think it was her young brother) had been blown up? What the heck is that? Get off the stage.
    rcurrytoo and AlwaysVeg like this.

I think the congresswoman embellished what she heard, I just found her totally out of place, talking about a conversation that was nothing to do with her. Yes, she knew La David, but to go on and on, calling this another Benghazi was totally out of line. She sounded a little cray cray to me
    I get It, you don't like Meghan, I don't like Whoopi or Joy, so let's leave it there
    Btw, watching it back, Whoopi looked very uncomfortable as they went to break, or tried..
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread