+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2574Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Well said, Fanny Mare
    Imperfect1 and Fanny Mare like this.
    Count your blessings!

I saw the segment you are talking about via the internet and I felt Caitlyn was well spoken, and cautiously optimistic. Now, since DT has gone to Twitter regarding his stance on transgender in the military, she stands firmly on the other side, eyes wide open.

On a lighter note, I found this quite enjoyable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDKs3JWNNgQ
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Unwatchable......good advertisement for watching Today
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

‘The View’: Whoopi Goldberg to Return for Season 21 | Variety

Whoopi Goldberg is ready to ring in her 10th anniversary at “The View.” The Oscar-winning actress will return as the moderator for the show’s 21st season this fall, Variety has learned.

Her contract renewal is an important one for ABC, as Goldberg has been the glue that’s kept “The View” together since creator Barbara Walters retired in 2014.

By focusing on political stories under Trump’s presidency, ratings for “The View” this season are at its highest in three years. The show averaged 2.6 million viewers last week, beating “The Talk,” which tends to veer away from politics in favor of pop culture. And “The View” has landed big guests over the last year, such as Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, Senator Elizabeth Warren, and former secretary of state Condoleezza Rice.

A spokesperson for ABC declined to comment.

Goldberg joined “The View” in the late summer of 2007, and she’s been at the Hot Topics table for the highs (such as Obama’s historic presidency) and lows (a revolving door of cast changes). She’s now spent more time on the show than almost any other co-host, surpassing Meredith Vieira and Star Jones (nine years each). The only two that have been on longer are Joy Behar, who’s still part of the ensemble after launching with the original cast in 1997, and Walters, who spent 17 years on the show.

Goldberg is also a prolific film and television producer, running her company One Ho Productions. Her upcoming credits include the big-screen dramas “9/11” and “Rio.”

The 21st season of “The View” starts in early September.
    tinderbox likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Oh, so I still will have that hour free every day to watch something - ANYTHING - else. I actually stopped scheduling nail appointments at 10:00, because they have The View on at the salon.
    I'm Paula.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I like Whoopi and most of her views, in general, but I CAN'T STAND how she acts on The View. I've also noticed that with the exception of Joy (whom I really love) I'm not drawn to ANY of the other co-hosts. So I'll occasionally watch the show on Fridays, when Joy takes the moderator role, and Whoopi is not there --- or sometimes I'll skip the Hot Topics and watch the celebrity segment when someone that I like is on the show. Too bad for me, cause I used to really love the show in the old days.

PS I've noticed that Nicolle Wallace has her own show on MSNBC now and she's FABULOUS as a moderator. She's very smart and very well informed politically, and as moderator of a panel, she's straight forward and confrontive (when need be) and very effective. Good for her. When she was on The View I liked her, but had no idea what she was really capable of. You go girl!!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I like Whoopi and most of her views, in general, but I CAN'T STAND how she acts on The View. I've also noticed that with the exception of Joy (whom I really love) I'm not drawn to ANY of the other co-hosts. So I'll occasionally watch the show on Fridays, when Joy takes the moderator role, and Whoopi is not there --- or sometimes I'll skip the Hot Topics and watch the celebrity segment when someone that I like is on the show. Too bad for me, cause I used to really love the show in the old days.

PS I've noticed that Nicolle Wallace has her own show on MSNBC now and she's FABULOUS as a moderator. She's very smart and very well informed politically, and as moderator of a panel, she's straight forward and confrontive (when need be) and very effective. Good for her. When she was on The View I liked her, but had no idea what she was really capable of. You go girl!!!
    Bolding mine...

ITA with the bolded part. Nicolle's talents were wasted on The View. In fact, I had forgotten she was even on the show.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 08-22-2017 at 11:53 AM. Reason: fixing quote tag

FORT Fogey

Nicole is a very skilled political communicator. She was very effective when she worked in the White House, and is also very good as a talking head. I think what makes her so good is that she truly listens to people with differing points of view, so she's able to comment on issues more informed than many talking heads who speculate about "the other side" but don't really listen to it.

I think that her time on The View was a turning point for the show. They'd been more of a light talk show, and when Rosie O'Donnell came along, it became more and more political. That worked and was good for the ratings. I think Nicole was brought on to bring some credibility to their political talk. However, unrelated to Nicole I think, they started to get some backlash to how political the show was, and backed away from it. As a result, they weren't sure what to do with her. It's a shame they didn't wait it out with her, because the pendulum definitely swung back to people wanting the show to talk politics, and she would have been a great voice to have on the show now - one who could see the faults of the president but still defend conservative ideals.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

FORT Fanatic

There is no way I believe Jed's story about why she is leaving. I say she was fired like the rest that it came out later that they were.

Heck they only had saying she was leaving then you didn't see her at the end or anything.

What was with Whoopie getting made at Sunny for , she wasn't yelling at her either.

This was just one strange day on the View. With all that it was Sara's birthday, didn't think she was 40.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    It's a shame they didn't wait it out with her, because the pendulum definitely swung back to people wanting the show to talk politics, and she would have been a great voice to have on the show now - one who could see the faults of the president but still defend conservative ideals.
    And that's how I would describe Jedediah, as well. I'm angry she's been let go, or was made so upset that she quit. I liked the group exactly as it was.

+ Reply to Thread