+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey
    I'm pretty liberal and dont agree with Elisabeth on most things; however, I have noticed that Rosie goes on this long monologues and state her views but by the time Elisabeth gets four words in, Rosie cuts her off. I dont have to agree with her but she should be able to make her point.

Barbara cut Elisabeth off this morning and Rosie said Elisabeth would get the chance to speak when they came back from the break.
    She was talking to Elisabeth as the camera panned out the the break and I got the impression she was telling her she'd get her chance to respond when they came back.
    They came back and moved to a different subject though, so I don't know if she forgot or if Elisabeth just decided not to respond.
    I've seen her back down a few times in the past and I think it might be because she knows she's so ovelwhelmingly outnumbered, not just on the panel but by the audience too.
    I'm not sure she's confident enough to voice an opinion that no one will agree with.
    She used to do it, but lately opinions have shifted so far from hers that I think she holds back a little.
    I hear she was on Sean Hannity's show the other day.
    She probably did pretty well on there because she was with like minded people.

Rosie asked the audience to clap if they agreed with sending more troops to Iraq and all she got in response was silence punctuated by a few boos.
    Elisabeth didn't look too keen to state her views today.
    I have seen Rosie on other occasions purposely give Elisabeth time to speak.
    Elisabeth isn't great with soundbites though and likes to really lay out an argument point by point, which there isn't time to do with three more dominant people on the panel.

I agree about the clothing they were wearing this morning.
    Rosie and Joy are hot and wearing jackets, Elisabeth is cold and not wearing one.
    Perhaps she should get some thermal undergarments.

I have noticed that Elizabeth has gotten much more subdued and quiet since Rosie came on the show..I dontthink she can get a word in edgewise, and that's not fair. Elizabeth's been there longer, too. :nono
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2200965;
    I don't usually watch the view because I'm at work. But I'm home today and I don't know how Barbara feels about Rosie but if I was Elisabeth i'd gag Rosie long enough to get my point out. Seems everytime Elisabeth trys to say something Rosies big mouth cuts her off.
    I agree..totally.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2200943;
    Huh, what happened??
    Bearcata,

Elisabeth did what they called a mini-PSA yesterday in regards to the difference between Toddler Girls jeans and Toddler Boys jeans. When held side by side you could see the girls jeans were about 2 inches slimmer in the legs than the boys. She mentioned that Grace had been having troubles climbing up a slide, or something like that... and was outraged that the manufacturers were already promoting an unhealthy, different product for girls of that age.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

The girls jeans looked like stretch skinny jeans while the boys had all the leg room in the world.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I caught Elisabeth on FOXNEWS Hannerty's show a couple of days ago, doing a one-on-one and she looked so relaxed, so happy, and so comfortable chatting and telling her views in that setting. It actually shocked me a bit to see her demeanor being so different.

Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of this network, but flipping through the stations she caught my eye.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2201421;
    The girls jeans looked like stretch skinny jeans while the boys had all the leg room in the world.
    Little girls and boys are equal in strength at that age and to have manufacturers try to restrict activity in a child that age is nuts. Kids need all the activity they can get.

if you think that's bad my 8 yr old niece was telling me that there are several girls at her school that are anoxeric and that the teachers have to make them eat something during lunch because they refuse to eat. This is 3rd and 4th grade and the girls already have body image problems. That is just twisted. Makes me wonder how all this is fueled.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2201803;
    if you think that's bad my 8 yr old niece was telling me that there are several girls at her school that are anoxeric and that the teachers have to make them eat something during lunch because they refuse to eat. This is 3rd and 4th grade and the girls already have body image problems. That is just twisted. Makes me wonder how all this is fueled.
    Little girls watch their mommies predominantly. Once they're in 3rd and 4th grade... peer pressure starts becoming an influence, but it all starts with what they've learned at home.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    I normally only get to watch The View when I have a day off from work. From time to time, I'll tape it if there's a guest on I want to see, of if I'm curious about what they'll say during the chat segments. Yesterday, I taped it, curious to see what they'd say about Donald Trump. I give Barbara a lot of credit for the way she said so much by saying so little.

I continued watching it, because i wanted to see Sarah Furgeson. After watching that segment, I was sure of one thing - Rosie has GOT to go. The woman is horrible! I expected her to not do well in an ensemble environment from the beginning, but she was even worse than I'd ever dreamed. She could not keep her mouth shut, and she could not allow the subject to be anything but her. Sarah Furgeson tries to play into their hot topics by bringing out her cell phones -- Rosie insists she has to have a ring tone like Sarah's ... take the focus off the guest, on to Rosie. Sarah mentions that she attended the funeral of her best friend's son the day before. Rosie starts talking about how she went to a funeral yesterday too - and goes into all the details of the service. Why waste the time of a guest, espeically a guest who was once a member of the British royal family, if the focus of the interview is going to be one self-obsessed host? Pathetic!

+ Reply to Thread