+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2962Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Supposedly Sara Haines is in talks to join as a panelist. She's okay, but I don't see her in a serious discussion situation. On GMA weekend she does pop.news, and frankly her voice and demeanor are a bit too cutesy for my tastes.

The revolving door got tiresome long ago. I've rarely watched mainly because I can't stomach Raven.

Anyway, about Sara:

Is Sara Haines Joining The View? 5 Rumors Surrounding the Show's Co-Host Shake-Ups | E! News
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by oceanus View Post
    Supposedly Sara Haines is in talks to join as a panelist. She's okay, but I don't see her in a serious discussion situation. On GMA weekend she does pop.news, and frankly her voice and demeanor are a bit too cutesy for my tastes.

The revolving door got tiresome long ago. I've rarely watched mainly because I can't stomach Raven.

Anyway, about Sara:

Is Sara Haines Joining The View? 5 Rumors Surrounding the Show's Co-Host Shake-Ups | E! News
    Do they never learn? They keep hiring people who really have nothing substantive to add to any discussion, and then they fire them. It's sad that they make it seem there isn't a decent pool of women on TV from whom to choose panelists who are interesting, well-informed, articulate, and smart. They should try to get Meredith Vieira back for starters... or even Lisa Ling who has two little children now and might be open to a gig that takes only a couple of hours a day (if she lives in NYC).

FORT Fogey

But they also fire the ones who say things of substance like Nicole Wallace.
    Miss_Griss, Imperfect1 and oceanus like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I really liked Nichole..refreshing and very smart( maybe too smart)
    Imperfect1 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    True ... and that was especially bizarre considering we were heading into an election year. Apparently they didn't like the fact that she was not up on pop culture. So now they have Raven, who doesn't know much of anything except pop culture.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I find Raven difficult to even look at....shaved head with hair pieces plastered on top. Listening to her ....no, thanks.

And the screaming crosstalk. Good grief. It never stops.

They need to take this show to the back of the barn and ....well, you know.
    Last edited by oceanus; 06-11-2016 at 10:45 PM.
    combatcutie and Imperfect1 like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Uh Oh! I was just getting to like Paula.

'This is a bunch of bull - it's Whoopi's doing.' The View host Paula Faris is cut to one day a week and blames nemesis Goldberg in dressing room meltdown | Daily Mail Online

So, I guess Whoopi has been on the warpath again. . .

PS Oh, and one more thing. Whoopi is apparently coming back next season. Damn!
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 08-02-2016 at 01:51 PM.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Paula, like Nichole is too smart for Whoopi to compete with.
    Imperfect1 and Baby's Breath like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I'm kind of relieved for Paula. Since she hosts the weekend edition of GMA, they had her working 7 days a week - the woman needs a break! I somewhat wonder if she didn't push for a change to work fewer days, and the tabloids have just taken the facts known (she's been on fewer days) and filled in the blanks with fiction.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I don't think Paula wanted this.

Whoopi is apparently feeling offended that she is being called out for being behind the decision to cut Paula way back. Why be offended? We could all clearly see that she was agitated by everything Paula said. Sometimes you just have to own it.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

+ Reply to Thread