+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Yeah...loved it when Barbara basically said he lied about what she had said to him!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i love rosie's "official comment".

and her son mis-hearing "donald trump" as "dump truck" LOL
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 01-08-2007 at 06:54 PM.

I mean in general, too..about Rosie having to get that last word in. This incident is still in my opinion, a prime example. That's just Rosie. I think you either like her, or you don't. Same goes for Trump. He also has a strong personality..and can be quite blunt with his opinions, but overall, I think he is more intelligent of the two.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 01-08-2007 at 08:29 PM.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

well, they're ALL getting the last word in ... even barbara. but i see the difference as they're doing on THEIR SHOW, where he's doing it EVERYWHERE ELSE.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2199288;
    I mean in general, too..about Rosie having to get that last word in. This incident is still in my opinion, a prime example. That's just Rosie. I think you either like her, or you don't. Same goes for Trump. He also has a strong personality..and can be quite blunt with his opinions, but overall, I think he is more intelligent of the two.
    I do understand what you are saying; however, she said he has a comb over and should not be the moral compass for 20 years olds. He keeps going on and on about how she is fat fat fat and ugly and stupid and a degenerate. In my opinion, she has taken the high road and he is an idiot. I don't know about his IQ, but the fact that he has made money/inherited money/lost money doesn't prove intelligence.
    Last edited by GabbyG; 01-08-2007 at 09:07 PM. Reason: typo

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    He called her a degenerate??? Meaning she's a lesbian?? You might dislike her personality, but I can't think of anything she's done that could be called degenerate, except by the old fogy homophobes who use that as a synonym for homosexual. Wouldn't have thought Trump would be so dumb as to be openly homophobic.
    And yes, his focus on her looks (he should talk!), shows he can't find anything to attack in her words. Very grade school.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2199428;
    He called her a degenerate??? Meaning she's a lesbian?? You might dislike her personality, but I can't think of anything she's done that could be called degenerate, except by the old fogy homophobes who use that as a synonym for homosexual. Wouldn't have thought Trump would be so dumb as to be openly homophobic.
    And yes, his focus on her looks (he should talk!), shows he can't find anything to attack in her words. Very grade school.
    yep, he called her degenerate on david letterman last week. and degenerate does NOT mean lesbian. sorry. according to dictionary.com it means

1. A depraved, corrupt, or vicious person.
    2. A person lacking or having progressively lost normative biological or psychological characteristics.

now that i think about it ... it actually sounds like trump!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2199441;
    yep, he called her degenerate on david letterman last week. and degenerate does NOT mean lesbian. sorry. according to dictionary.com it means

No, I know it doesn't mean that in the dictionary sense, but if you are old enough you've heard homophobic people use it in that sense... guess you are too young!
    So what did Trump mean by it??

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG;2199386;
    I do understand what you are saying; however, she said he has a comb over and should not be the moral compass for 20 years olds. He keeps going on and on about how she is fat fat fat and ugly and stupid and a degenerate. In my opinion, she has taken the high road and he is an idiot. I don't know about his IQ, but the fact that he has made money/inherited money/lost money doesn't prove intelligence.
    How has either of them taken the high road? I totally agree with you that the ways Trump has called her names and mocked her physical appearance are low blows. But Rosie started the whole thing by mocking his hair. How is that not an attack on his physical appearance and also a low blow? If this wasn't a battle of low blows, it wouldn't be getting the attention it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2199770;
    How has either of them taken the high road? I totally agree with you that the ways Trump has called her names and mocked her physical appearance are low blows. But Rosie started the whole thing by mocking his hair. How is that not an attack on his physical appearance and also a low blow? If this wasn't a battle of low blows, it wouldn't be getting the attention it is!
    Everyone makes fun of 'Dump Truck's' hair and has for years, even DT comments that he has heard bad jokes about his hair for years, he even commented on it during one of the Apprentice seasons. So that's really not a personal attack as his comments are in reference to Rosie's appearance.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread