+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2903Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    The biological mother says she isn't able to care for the child as she already has her own children to look after. And really, why should it be her obligation to take the child, when she's already more than fulfilled her obligation in carrying the child as per the surrogacy agreement. I saw an interview with her where she was scratching her head in bewilderment wondering how / why Sherri could just drop this situation on her the way she did.

This whole mess could have easily been avoided had Sherri not decided an innocent life was an inconvenience just because her marriage was over.
    This is not true and not what happened. But your entitled to your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mika06 View Post
    This is not true and not what happened.
    Do you have a link you could add to this post explaining just exactly what happened?

Sherri Shepherd Tried to Cut Off

In 2014, former “The View” co-host Sherri Shepherd came under fire after reports surfaced showing she wanted “nothing to do” with her unborn child now that her marriage is ending.

Shepherd and husband, Lamar Sally used IVF to conceive a child but is apparently uninterested in caring for the baby, who is being carried by a surrogate mother.

As LifeNews previously reported, Sally said in an interview that Shepherd has removed the newborn baby boy she had via surrogate from her health insurance.

And, unbelievably, Shepherd even tried is trying to force the surrogate mother to pay child support.

In a report, the surrogate mother said, “I could not believe this is happening. When I decided to do this for them, I didn’t think ever that this could happen. I just don’t understand how she could do that and act like this baby is non-existent. It just blows my mind….I’m angry at Sherri because she never once contacted me to tell me what was happening. She would call and check up on me during the pregnancy in the beginning. At the 20 week appointment she seemed so excited.”

Thankfully, TMZ reports that a judge has ruled that Shepherd is officially the legal mother of the child.

Here’s more:

Shepherd and her estranged husband, Lamar Sally, have been battling in court since the child’s birth in August and it’s been all about the moolah. Sherri claims she was tricked into having the child with Sally and therefore has no connection or responsibility to the child.

A Pennsylvania judge begged to differ, ruling her Hancock belongs on the birth cert. Lamar says he’s ecstatic with the ruling telling TMZ, “I want her to go on television and apologize the same way that she went on there and accused me of being a gold digger and tricking her into having a baby.”

We’re told Shepherd was a no-show at hearing the. The two still need to meet in front of a judge in L.A. to sort out the child support situation. He wants her to help take care of the child.
    KAREN

A. TMZ has one sided information (AKA Sally's).
    B. Way too many other reports that would need to be posted to show what happened in detail.
    C. A lot of it is 1st hand knowledge on my own part as well.

Everyone thinks these situtations are cut and dry because of what Tabloids put out but it's not.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

The only reason Sherri was denying this child was to get out of supporting that free-loading husband of hers. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. She is obligated to support the child she contracted to enter this world. If she hadn't entered this fantasy marriage to begin with, she wouldn't be in this position today. She wasn't tricked, she knew that he was unemployed. Dumb B is getting exactly what she asked for.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    The only reason Sherri was denying this child was to get out of supporting that free-loading husband of hers. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. She is obligated to support the child she contracted to enter this world. If she hadn't entered this fantasy marriage to begin with, she wouldn't be in this position today. She wasn't tricked, she knew that he was unemployed. Dumb B is getting exactly what she asked for.
    Exactly. She can no more shirk her responsibility to the child anymore than if the tables had been turned and it had been Lamar running away from his responsibilities. And as for Sherri's claims that she was tricked into the surrogate pregnancy, that is the biggest load of steaming BS I've heard in quite some time. Anyone who's watched The View this past five years or so heard first hand, straight from her own mouth that she and Lamar were trying to have another baby, that they'd been actively looking for a surrogate etc. She even admitted that her own eggs which she'd had saved, were no longer viable and that was why they'd turned to a surrogate.

There's no such thing as an unplanned surrogate pregnancy. She she needs to put that story to rest, pronto.
    momrek06 and tapper01 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

B. Way too many other reports that would need to be posted to show what happened in detail.

Everyone thinks these situtations are cut and dry because of what Tabloids put out but it's not.
    So tell us all what you know--especially the "1st hand knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Exactly. She can no more shirk her responsibility to the child anymore than if the tables had been turned and it had been Lamar running away from his responsibilities. And as for Sherri's claims that she was tricked into the surrogate pregnancy, that is the biggest load of steaming BS I've heard in quite some time. Anyone who's watched The View this past five years or so heard first hand, straight from her own mouth that she and Lamar were trying to have another baby, that they'd been actively looking for a surrogate etc. She even admitted that her own eggs which she'd had saved, were no longer viable and that was why they'd turned to a surrogate.

There's no such thing as an unplanned surrogate pregnancy. She she needs to put that story to rest, pronto.
    Agree completely with this and also what JunkieGirl said.

I remember how Sherri was always in :gotta get me a man" mode on The View. Well, she got one. Then what? She employed him as her "manager". Gimme a break.

I also remember how there was always something "off" about the way Whoopi and Jpy reacted when Sherri talked about Sal. The other day Wendy Williams (a friend os Sherrir but also a straight shooter) said since Sherrie was making good money at The View she should have spent some of it thoroughly checking Sal out.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

link, please? ty
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by oceanus View Post
    Agree completely with this and also what JunkieGirl said.

I remember how Sherri was always in :gotta get me a man" mode on The View. Well, she got one. Then what? She employed him as her "manager". Gimme a break.

I also remember how there was always something "off" about the way Whoopi and Jpy reacted when Sherri talked about Sal. The other day Wendy Williams (a friend os Sherrir but also a straight shooter) said since Sherrie was making good money at The View she should have spent some of it thoroughly checking Sal out.
    Aside from having the money to have thoroughly checked him out, Sherri really did the same thing that many other women desperate for a man do ... they're so excited that they finally landed one that they ignore the red flags and are too hasty to declare him "the one." After the wedding (and often there is too much emphasis on the wedding and not enough on who the guy really is and the marriage ... <<cough>>Star Jones<<cough>>), harsh reality sets in sooner or (not so much) later.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Aside from having the money to have thoroughly checked him out, Sherri really did the same thing that many other women desperate for a man do ... they're so excited that they finally landed one that they ignore the red flags and are too hasty to declare him "the one." After the wedding (and often there is too much emphasis on the wedding and not enough on who the guy really is and the marriage ... <<cough>>Star Jones<<cough>>), harsh reality sets in sooner or (not so much) later.
    You said a mouthful!!

Also, it doesn’t necessarily take a lot of money to check someone out (the basics)…..although Sherri could afford a private detective with all the trimmings. Wendy W. said she had a few things checked and found out Sal was a scammer from way back.

I used to watch The View when Sherri was on and I thought it was odd that she was going on and on with her “gotta get me a man” schtick, then all of a sudden she comes back from Christmas break and announces she’s engaged. Wheee!!!. (Bet she paid for her own ring. I mean seriously, where would Sal have gotten that kind of money?? )

The only one of the panel who attended Sherri's wedding was Elisabeth Hasselbeck - because she was a bridesmaid.

Wonder how she explained to Jeffrey ......first he was going to have a little brother/sister, and now that's not gonna be the case. That kid is probably so confused by her mess. And TPTB at ABC were so thru with Sherri's BS.
    Last edited by oceanus; 04-26-2015 at 05:59 PM.
    bee stung lips and AlwaysVeg like this.

+ Reply to Thread