+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2962Likes

Thread: The View

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I assure you, I understand the point. You and I just put different levels of trust in the story that Rosie's doctors are seeing something different in her health right now and indicates that going to work every day may kill her. You are taking her for her word through a publicist. I am looking at her past history of walking out of contracts, the reports that she's been unhappy with not having as much control at The View as she wanted, and the week before this announcement where she was nearly silent, and concluding that this has more to do with Rosie's wants than it does her doctor's recommendation. I can't say with certainty that I'm right, but I'm basing my judgement on the factors I've stated.
    I agree, when it gets tough, Rosie walks. That's her MO and I am not in the least surprised she is leaving the show.
    mika06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Meredith has always been too "vanilla" for my tastes.
    mika06 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rosie has issues, that's for sure, but IMO she has a heart of gold. Part of her problem is due to her mental illness, which she is open about. IMO, part of it is due to her sense of responsibility for kids and the less fortunate. She's very passionate about certain issues, especially the oppressed and helpless and it gets the better of her. I get that, but Rosie doesn't seem to. She believes others will see the light and sadly, that doesn't always happen.

I had feared this position with The View would not turn out well. I am glad she is getting out before a terrible incident occurred. Thank goodness.

Well, today was her last day. She said at the end she would come back for crafts. I have to say her little girl( Dakota) is a real cutie pie
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

So today Rosie P isn't there, and I didn't hear Whoopi say anything about it. (Maybe I missed that.) Unless Rosie P is very sick, it seems a bad day for her to be absent, the first day that Rosie O is gone. They have two guest co-hosts, neither of whom I give a hoot about seeing. This show gets worse every day.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Fridays are throw away shows anyway. I would guess that for as long as Rosie P is doing the play, she has to leave ABC right after the show. Since the Friday show always tapes one day during week after a live show, I'd guess she'll miss most Friday shows for the span of the play. I give Rosie O credit for how low key she kept her exit. Yesterday's show could have easily (and rightfully) been an "all about Rosie" show, and she didn't allow it to be that way. It was a nice touch to have her daughter out for the goodbyes so that it was acknowledged, but not in an over the top way.
    Imperfect1 and Baby's Breath like this.

If Rosie P isn't there, I take that as a plus, sorry her voice drives me crazy ( or crazier than I am )
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My guide showed that today's show was a rerun, and that reruns will be on at least through next week? Today's show was a January show, from what I could tell.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    My guide showed that today's show was a rerun, and that reruns will be on at least through next week? Today's show was a January show, from what I could tell.
    They are talking abut valentines day
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I assure you, I understand the point. You and I just put different levels of trust in the story that Rosie's doctors are seeing something different in her health right now and indicates that going to work every day may kill her. You are taking her for her word through a publicist. I am looking at her past history of walking out of contracts, the reports that she's been unhappy with not having as much control at The View as she wanted, and the week before this announcement where she was nearly silent, and concluding that this has more to do with Rosie's wants than it does her doctor's recommendation. I can't say with certainty that I'm right, but I'm basing my judgement on the factors I've stated.
    Rosie spoke with Dr Oz yesterday. Her doctor had seen an uptick in her numbers around Christmastime and for someone who had a near fatal heart attack, that is a dangerous way to live. At the end, Dr Oz commended her not only for the message of her new comedic shtick about heart disease, but for listening to her own advice by leaving The View.
    Last edited by Baby's Breath; 02-14-2015 at 10:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread