+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This must have really hit Whoopi and Billy hard.....
    I saw this Debb Billy Crystal and Whoopi Goldberg React in Kind to Robin Williams' Death: No Words | E! Online
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What was the deal with the new show today. Sherri and Jenny were the hosts; Whoopi was not there. There were 2 other women guest-hosting. Over all, it was an annoying, with the women chattering like birds, in the early morning. Unenjoyable.

Looks like Brad Paisley is going to be popping up everywhere for a while. I've seen him twice today, and it has been absolutely gaggy. I guess he has a new album coming out. Well, goody for him, and go away. I, honestly, don't see what people see in him.
    babyfat101 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hmmmm, really wonder how this is going to play out. I am not familiar with Nicolle Wallace, but I see her as the lone conservative up against Whoopi and the two Rosies.

Rosie Perez & Nicolle Wallace Join 'The View'| Entertainment Tonight

FORT Fogey

Nicole has worked for Republicans, but I'm not sure she can be described as a conservative. She won't take extreme views like Elisabeth did, which will be nice. But she's always been known as someone who will take a position that will make her more popular even if it means turning on her candidate. In the Game Change movie, she was the "character" played by Sarah Paulsen who was disgusted immediately by the stupidity of Sarah Palin. She's also believed to be the "anonymous" source for a lot of the authors of that book (and the one they did 4 years later for the next election) ripping on Republicans. Rosie Perez is the one who really does not make me happy. She drives me nuts and I cannot imagine her listening to the other women on the panel. She may be the one who has the power to remove the show from my DVR - we'll see!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Nicole has worked for Republicans, but I'm not sure she can be described as a conservative. She won't take extreme views like Elisabeth did, which will be nice. But she's always been known as someone who will take a position that will make her more popular even if it means turning on her candidate. In the Game Change movie, she was the "character" played by Sarah Paulsen who was disgusted immediately by the stupidity of Sarah Palin. She's also believed to be the "anonymous" source for a lot of the authors of that book (and the one they did 4 years later for the next election) ripping on Republicans. Rosie Perez is the one who really does not make me happy. She drives me nuts and I cannot imagine her listening to the other women on the panel. She may be the one who has the power to remove the show from my DVR - we'll see!
    Thanks for the info on Nicolle Wallace, AcookerTV. I'm not familiar with her either, and I am soooo hoping you're right about her NOT being as conservative (and intransient) as Elizabeth Hasselback. I'm familiar with Rosie Perez of course, and I like her, but I definitely agree that she can come on very, very strong, so this should be an interesting match up of personalities between all 4 of them.

All of this and NO Baba Wawa and NO Bill Geddes. . . I'm looking forward to watching The View for the first time since Rosie O'Donnell left, several years ago. I'm still missing Joy Behar though. She'd be the perfect 5th panelist, for me.

I saw Joy recently on Wendy Williams and she said she might consider returning to The View, but it would have to be a VERY different kind of show than what it is now. Not sure what she meant by that, but she sounded like she might be convinced. I think it would help ratings.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This morning, I heard Nicole Wallace, described as a George Bush-Republican/conservative. Sometimes, people come across more strongly than we expect them to, defensively. She was right though....Sarah Palin IS an idiot.
    libgirl2 and Imperfect1 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

It is accurate to call Nicole Wallace a George Bush Republican, because she worked for George Bush. That said, when you look at appearances she's made, and commentary she gives, she is far from towing the party line. If she's in a discussion on a show like Morning Joe or Real Time where she's the lone Republican voice, she's far more likely to join with everyone in putting down a Republican who has made a mistake that many other conservative commentators would be. Some would say that's a matter of having integrity. Others would say it's a matter of wanting to fit in and be popular. Because she's been identified as the most likely source of so many "anonymous" leaks, she's given reason to believe she wants to fit in. Further, she hasn't applied the same level of reason putting down a Democrat who makes a mistake, which weakens the integrity argument. Time will tell. The View may be trying to get away from news and issues oriented subject matter anyway, and if they do, then political ideology won't matter. But I do not expect Nicole to be a voice to call Rosie out if she start railing against conservatives.

Rosie Perez is also on, she kind of gets on my nerves, one too many Rosie's for my liking
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I do agree that RP is pretty loud and aggressive so time will tell how she works out, especially with the other Rosie.

However, as my Dh says about sports commentators, I have to say about the TV commentators----you mean they get paid big money for talking out of their @$$es??? Was anybody who told us about the new hosts for months on end, even close???

+ Reply to Thread