+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1628Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I backed away from it full time awhile ago. Then I would stop back and watch here and there.

When they brought JM in, eek, ugh. I backed away again.

One day I turned it on and there she is (JM) prancing all over the stage as she was newly engaged.

Changed channel immediately.

I would like to see the whole format change. To what, I have no clue. But they need to do something huge to get viewership back up.

Probably their highest ratings day ever was the show that came on AFTER the announcement that JM and SS were fired. Just for us 'rubberneckers' ... lol
    Uncle David and causingchaos like this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    You can't get more narrow minded than Rosie! I doubt there's a viewer out there that won't be able to predict how Rosie will respond to any political issue. You could install a DNC FAX machine on the panel and get a more diverse opinion than Rosie will offer.

The show is irrelevant! I can't imagine why anyone even bothers to watch it.
    I know, she is just that narrow minded that this show seems to enjoy.

There are times I watch this show it makes me embarrassed to be a woman with how we're represented on there.
    I have felt that way, and that is why the show is on as background noise, or not at all .This coming season it will be not at all

Probably their highest ratings day ever was the show that came on AFTER the announcement that JM and SS were fired. Just for us 'rubberneckers' ... lol
    I wanted to see how they handled it, as per it was a lie, with lots of love
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

For someone with a degree from Columbia, Megan McCain sounds like a high school valley girl who spends all her free time at the mall. I'm not interested in listening to anything she has to say because her delivery is so annoying.
    prhoshay and chenoa333 like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm glad to hear somebody else say that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It doesn't seem anyone is for for the view. those going and those coming on
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Every time I take some time off I try to watch the view because when it first came on I used to like it. But these days I think it's just an awful representation of women. We are all better than what this show portrays us as which is my biggest disappointment. We are all capable of having adult conversations. We are all capable of listening. We are all capable of being intelligent and mindful and whatever. None of that is represented on this show. Most of us are even able to accept diverse view points as a simple difference of opinion if we dig way down deep inside. And this show just doesn't show that.

There are times I watch this show it makes me embarrassed to be a woman with how we're represented on there.
    You know, causingchaos, I really liked what you said and I WISH that it was true. But sadly, I think there are very few of us who are capable of adult conversation, listening, being intelligent and being mindful. I really believe that the original panel of The View appealed to those of us who ARE like that, but, sadly, I don't think there are enough of us to sustain that level of communication and interest, and so, as we've all observed, the show has degenerated to the point where it currently is.

Oddly enough, with all the controversy over next season's panelists, I think the panelists' level of conversation may be raised again. I'm really interested to see who will be on the show, and what The View will be like. In any event, it certainly can't be much worse than it's been for the last several months!
    GabbyG and causingchaos like this.

I really liked S.E. Cupp. She's well-spoken and opinionated yet knows when to shut up. Hopefully she's the conservative that's chosen.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

A conservative who knows her place?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

She doesn't "know her place", she just knows her facts and speaks her opinions without parroting the party line.

Radar Online has mentioned that both Sherri Shepherd and Nene Leakes are in the running for a role on Broadway, playing the fairy Godmother in a new version of Cinderella. If that's true, the role will definitely be an over-the-top performance.

+ Reply to Thread