+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

I used to like Star the lawyer, but my biggest complaint with Star is and always has been that she's a colossal asskisser. She was the worst with gushing over every single guest that walked through the door. Over the first few years, she was good with the Hot Topics, but like you pointed out, eventually it became a venue for her to name drop and go on about herself. Nauseating.

The best part of The View is Hot Topics. People are talking about The View, more specifically what is being said during Hot Topics. And it's not just Rosie, both Joy and Elisabeth have made the news because of their comments.

Personally, I think Rosie has been a terrific addition. I don't agree with her all the time, but Hot Topics is all about their take on current events, not hard hitting journalism, so I'm not sure why people get so worked up about everything that is said. Rosie helped revive a stale show, so I can't see that her addition was anything less than a plus for them.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I read the CNN transcripts and it was horrible. Then I heard a recording of it and I agree with the person here that said he sounded sauced. he sounded like a crazy person. they both need to stop acting like they are five. Separately, I think it's completely unfair that Miss Nevada lost her crown for something that happened five years ago, and Miss USA did not lose her crown for something that has been happening while she has been a representative.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi;2185703;
    Personally, I think Rosie has been a terrific addition. I don't agree with her all the time, but Hot Topics is all about their take on current events, not hard hitting journalism, so I'm not sure why people get so worked up about everything that is said. Rosie helped revive a stale show, so I can't see that her addition was anything less than a plus for them.

i agree 100%

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2185595;
    Rosie annoys the crap out of me. I'm not exactly noted for being Mr. Morality but the whole dog licking thing and her half hearted attempt (only because she knew she had to) of apologizing for her 'ching chong' statements with a follow up of "Just a warning, I'll probably do it again because that's who I am" completely turned me off to anything she'll ever say again.

For someone who is among a group of people who are constantly attacked and for someone who is always so quick to criticize other peoples actions, I expected much more from her.
    Couldn't have said it better myself, Speedy! If a normally nice person (who had inadvertently made remarks that she later found out were offensive to some gay folks) had issued that same apology, Rosie would've been on a rampage against the clueless offender.

Trump and Rosie are both annoying gnats--not harmful, but annoying. I personally would like to see them sue each other, lose money in legal fees and have nothing really resolved.

On the other hand, I wouldn't doubt it at all if they were in cahoots and doing all this to generate publicity for themselves/each other.

And to reference an earlier post... Barbara Walters in knee high boots... SHUDDER!!!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    You can't sue (and prevail) just because somebody says something that hurts your feelings. "Sit and Spin, Donald!!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Geez..looks like Im in the minority, here on this one. I thought Rosie was being her obnoxious self pointing out Trump's past marriages/failed marriages like she did. Of course he's going to lash out at her, and I don't blame him. I don't see her as an asset to The View, either. She completely takes over any conversation they are having. Poor Elizabeth can't get a word in edge-wise.
    I'll quite frankly be surprised if this show makes it on account of her (Rosie).
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Rosie apologized to the Asian community, saying that she honestly didn't know she was being offensive, and with candor said she'd probably offend some other group soon, unknowingly. She has been listed as the number 1 most generous celebrity for donating to charities, and has hounded other celebs to give a larger portion of their income to those in need. The View pre- Rosie was as exciting as watching a Victorian tea party, and now it's like someone spiked that tea with gin, and you don't know what's going to happen next. It's her job on the View to express her View, not to sit demurely and do needle point. She doesn't censor herself and it gets her in trouble but it's also entertaining, and in this era of spin and publicists, refreshing.

Lotuslander... I'm with you. I've always enjoyed Rosie, loud mouth and all. Sure, I may not agree with all of her opinions, but when I don't I am able to understand where she's coming from. And she's done a much better job of letting her cohosts speak lately. Not perfect, but progress.

Being a fellow musical theatre fan, I'm also loving the special touches that she's brought into the show, too. I'm still loving what she did for the little girl with Cystic Fibrosis on Friday's show... very special.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander;2186269;
    Rosie apologized to the Asian community, saying that she honestly didn't know she was being offensive, and with candor said she'd probably offend some other group soon, unknowingly. She has been listed as the number 1 most generous celebrity for donating to charities, and has hounded other celebs to give a larger portion of their income to those in need. The View pre- Rosie was as exciting as watching a Victorian tea party, and now it's like someone spiked that tea with gin, and you don't know what's going to happen next. It's her job on the View to express her View, not to sit demurely and do needle point. She doesn't censor herself and it gets her in trouble but it's also entertaining, and in this era of spin and publicists, refreshing.

Yeah, Lotus!!! Nicely put!!! And, as for Elisabeth being heard, Rosie takes care to make sure that Elisabeth has input and is heard! The show is much better now!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I believe what Speedy was getting at was that it was one of those non apologies... if anyone was offended by what I said ... And that if someone issued a similar apology as that to the gay community--after saying something equally stupid/offensive--she wouldn't have stopped spewing her mouth off about it.

I agree with that.

I liked the show when Meredith was on it. I don't have much use for the rest of them.

+ Reply to Thread