+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1522Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I had never heard that expression before, but it sounds juvenile to me, negating the very assertion it's trying to express.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe some people don't get around as much as others?
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Personally, I wouldn't want to be around "grown women" who feel like they need to talk like they're in junior high.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't want to be around "grown women" who feel like they need to talk like they're in junior high.
    I was thinking the same thing!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Add It Up Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    "I'm a grown-ass _____" is an old phrase.

Surprised that it's unfamiliar to so many, but maybe it's a regional thing - because I have never watched an episode of The Bachelor or The Bachelorette, and yet that phrase is by no means unfamiliar to me. As a rule, it conveys exasperation, much like any other "mild cussing" might.
    Last edited by Fo'Realz?; 07-11-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    prhoshay, AmyKay and GabbyG like this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's all about communication.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have heard that "grown ass" term for a long time and it is just that juvenile.

'smh' to Whoppie if she is talking like that.

Exactly like, Miss Scarlet said, she is trying to prove something and not succeeding.
    AZChristian and AlwaysVeg like this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    It is a stupid expression and I am surprised that Whoopie used it. " I am a grown woman"-----no need to use the word ass as it adds nothing.

I am an adult woman....I am an adult toad woman.
    I agree, it also made her looks stupid, and not so grown up
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree, it also made her looks stupid, and not so grown up
    Apparently her idea of communication means using slang expressions involving curse words, as she is fairly often bleeped on the show mid-sentence. I think that's a lazy way to communicate. Every so often she has something interesting to say, but usually her comments are predictable and lack depth and insight. I would think she could do better. Wouldn't mind if she had been purged from the show along with the others. Maybe she'll be motivated to up her game with Rosie there. Whether you like Rosie or not, she knows how to express an opinion!
    Florimel and momrek06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Apparently her idea of communication means using slang expressions involving curse words, as she is fairly often bleeped on the show mid-sentence. I think that's a lazy way to communicate. Every so often she has something interesting to say, but usually her comments are predictable and lack depth and insight. I would think she could do better. Wouldn't mind if she had been purged from the show along with the others. Maybe she'll be motivated to up her game with Rosie there. Whether you like Rosie or not, she knows how to express an opinion!
    True, we may see another side of Whoopi .From the comments I have seen, the show seems doomed before it starts up again.
    momrek06 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread