+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #10921
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,330

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    OFFICIAL: Rosie returns as a cohost with moderator Whoopie
    Watch her try and take over. I bet she only last as long as that dimwit Jenny
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #10922
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,974

    Re: The View

    I'm not wild about Rosie's return, but not because I don't like her. She will give Broadway shows a shot in the arm and bump up the popularity of the show with helping people, (those in dire need, groups, audience, tv viewers). She'll also make music much more important, I think. These are things I will expect.

  3. #10923
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,330

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not wild about Rosie's return, but not because I don't like her. She will give Broadway shows a shot in the arm and bump up the popularity of the show with helping people, (those in dire need, groups, audience, tv viewers). She'll also make music much more important, I think. These are things I will expect.
    She wont be doing what she did on her own show - helping people? no this is a different show .Ellen does much more than Rosie did, but again that's Ellen's own show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #10924
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,974

    Re: The View

    Well, when Rosie was on The View, they did start doing give a-ways and specials on Broadway where the performers performed and the audience got tickets. I think it would have gone more that way, but she left. Time will tell, but that has always been important to Rosie. I like to see it.

    Here's an article where Elisabeth talks about her gripes with Rosie returning. What got her was that it was Rosie's idea to bring back all the former hosts of The View to say goodbye to Barbara. I happen to think it was a great idea. Why begrudge someone of a good idea? Too weird.

    Rosie O’Donnell: Beach, baby, boogie board | Page Six

  5. #10925
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,140

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone know where Bill Geddy is in all this? I know that Bill and Rosie were not on good terms when she left. I read previously he was leaving. Is that true?
    I just saw an article in NY Daily News saying that his leaving is a condition of her coming and he will be assigned to some special projects at ABC.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  6. #10926
    I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Where the Thunder Rolls
    Posts
    2,283

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I just saw an article in NY Daily News saying that his leaving is a condition of her coming and he will be assigned to some special projects at ABC.
    Ooooooh. The plot thickens. I never would have guessed Rosie had that much power. Geddie and BW have been together for 25+ years. It makes me wonder if he pushed for Sherri and Jenny to be hired and his firing was the result of those 2 very bad decisions.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

    Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

  7. #10927
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,005

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Well, when Rosie was on The View, they did start doing give a-ways and specials on Broadway where the performers performed and the audience got tickets. I think it would have gone more that way, but she left. Time will tell, but that has always been important to Rosie. I like to see it.
    Rosie O’Donnell, a tireless supporter of Broadway, was presented at the Tony Awards with the Isabelle Stevenson Award, an honorary prize given for humanitarian, social service and charitable contributions. Rosie O'Donnell was chosen for the 2014 Tony award in recognition of her commitment to arts education for under-served New York City public school students and her 2003 establishment of the nonprofit arts education foundation Rosie's Theater Kids, which provides children with scholarships for training in dance, music and drama, mentoring programs and exposure to professional theater. "Rosie exemplifies the spirit and the generosity of the Broadway community through her "pay it forward" mentality within the arts community and beyond," said the executive director of The Broadway League, and the executive director of the American Theatre Wing.

    (paraphrased from The Hollywood Reporter and several other sites, one of which is: Rosie O'Donnell to Receive Honorary Tony Award)
    Florimel and Debb70 like this.

  8. #10928
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,122

    Re: The View

    Sherri's "hair" looks awful.


    I loved it when Whoopi ripped everybody for their negative speculation about what's going to be going on with the show when it's revamped. Like Whoopi said, "I'm a grown-ass woman." She's not shaky, like a lot of people seem to want to think she is; she knows who she is!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #10929
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,974

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Ooooooh. The plot thickens. I never would have guessed Rosie had that much power. Geddie and BW have been together for 25+ years. It makes me wonder if he pushed for Sherri and Jenny to be hired and his firing was the result of those 2 very bad decisions.
    I wonder if TPTB just looked at the ratings of the show with Geddy at the helm for the last couple of years and thought there was room for improvement.

  10. #10930
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,330

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wonder if TPTB just looked at the ratings of the show with Geddy at the helm for the last couple of years and thought there was room for improvement.
    He was the one that whispered into Elizabeth's earpiece when she and Rosie argued, he also went to spilt screen If they wanted Rosie so badly, he had to go. I have a feeling these latest comments from previous hosts were his idea. Nothing is ever done for no reason..Geddy and BW love the media and use it when they can
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.