+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2185186;
    I've missed the hoolabaloola but for Trump to criticize one's appearance is really low. Attack her on other levels if you must but it's just cruel to make fun of how someone looks. He's teaching his kids that looks matter more than substance. So I agree with Rosie, he's no moral compass for anyone.
    what do you expect from a man who marries only beauty queens? when he bought the miss universe franchise, i told my daughter he's shopping for his next wife.

yeah, i stooped ... LOL

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I applaud Rosie for saying what I feel. He is a loud mouthed blowhard who feels he's more important than JC. I do not like his show, I do not find him interesting, I would not go out in public with his hairstyle, and he seems to be a jerk. I think he needs to learn a little humility, but perhaps Rosie should not have mocked his hair so blatently. But, he DID have at least one affair that I know of. Maybe that's why he's suing-because it was only one affair rather than the two or more she spoke of.

I wish I had his mailing address so I could mail him a mirror.

I think his show will fail and he will blame it all on this incident.

This feud is funny to me because I actually can't stand either of them. I don't care who wins the cuss fight or who sues who about what. They are both blow hards who take themselves way too seriously.

I will be interested to see what Barbara does. She's sort of between a rock and a hard place here. Eventually she's going to have to take sides.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2185438;
    I will be interested to see what Barbara does. She's sort of between a rock and a hard place here. Eventually she's going to have to take sides.
    i'm anxious to see what she says also ... considering donald claimed she told him privately that she hated rosie, hated what rosie was doing to the show, etc. she's either going to be furious with him for lying, or furious with him for "outing" her. LOL

personally, i've always like rosie ... yes, she's outspoken and opinionated (most definitely), and yes, she's put her foot in her mouth more than once (that's for sure), but i see her as a person with a good heart and she does a lot of good for the less fortunate.

Trump likes to talk about how he built his fortune but he inherited a fortune from his father - it was his father who built that fortune out of nothing, not him. He knows about real estate, but who's to say I wouldn't be able to build a fortune if I started with one?

I'm not really fond of either party but pretty much anytime Trump makes a media splash, it's to promote something. He's all about the greed.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I was/was not surprised that Barbara showed up for the show today, and that it was pre-recorded. Nothing was addressed about Trump, however the more I thought about it, it would best if Rosie and Barbara just left Donald out there, hanging, having made a total fool of himself. He doesn't deserve any kind of response....the last foolish words having being his own.

The segment today, with the 12 year old girl who has CF, was fantastic! Loved when she and Rosie started singing the song from RENT (which the child adored), and the cast walked up from the rear, surprising the little girl! Brought a Christmas tear to my eye! How neat, how neat, how neat!!!

Bless the litte girl's heart, she is tone-deaf, and has no sense of rhythm, but she was rocking it out and singing loudly with the rest of the cast!! It was a blast!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay... I was going to mention today's show as well... loved it! I loved the poor, sweet little tone deaf Samantha Schaefer (sp?) and I love the cast of Rent. What fun to see Frenchie again.

And, although it was completely preplanned that it was going to be a prerecorded show, it definitely was good timing.

People has a little list today that I have to say I agree with:

Top 5 Reasons Why We Loved The View This Year

5. LIMONCELLO NEVER TASTED SO GOOD
    A seemingly drunken Danny DeVito proved that one to Rosie and the gang. The actor, out promoting Deck the Halls, admitted that it must've been the "last seven limoncellos" he swilled with George Clooney the night before that had him slurring his words, imitating the President, sitting on Rosie's lap -- and having more fun in the morning than anyone else at work that day.

4. SEEING BARBARA WALTERS WEAR H&M
    For one morning in mid-November, the veteran broadcaster ditched her classic wool blazer and pumps for a jersey-knit dress by the trendy discount retailer -- even wearing knee-high high-heeled boots -- as part of the show's "Budget Week." Suddenly, the 77-year-old Walters, who proclaimed herself and her cohosts "full of chic" during an earlier segment, looked less 20/20 and more TRL (watch out, Vanessa Minnillo!).

3. NOTHING IS OFF-LIMITS (EVEN FORMER HOSTS)
    After rumors circulated that Rosie was planning on leaving The View, the show's new ringleader couldn't resist teasing her cohosts. During a heated "Hot Topics," Rosie stopped the discussion (over which cohost was less rich!) for an announcement that sounded awfully similar to Star Jones Reynolds's melodramatic exit speech: "After much prayer and counsel, I have decided that I won't be coming back to The View." Then, she laughed.

2. THEY LOVE BRITNEY AS MUCH AS WE DO
    When Britney Spears announced she was divorcing Kevin Federline, The View threw an on-air celebration -- complete with balloons and confetti. Since then, Rosie has risen to the pop princess's defense as she faces criticism for partying late, partying with Paris Hilton and partying without panties. Aside from inviting Britney to move in with her family, Rosie even went shopping for her -- at Victoria's Secret.

1. THEIR RANTS
    And we don't just mean Rosie's. Joy vs. Mel "See You in Hell" Gibson. Elisabeth vs. Law & Order. Rosie vs. Kelly Ripa, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, and now Donald Trump. And don't forget: Kevin Federline, Michael Richards, Nicole Richie, Asian Americans, Perez Hilton, John Kerry ... Who needs caffeine when mornings are more heated than a cup of coffee thanks to the catty klatsch on The View.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Trump has been the same broken record for ages.

Rosie annoys the crap out of me. I'm not exactly noted for being Mr. Morality but the whole dog licking thing and her half hearted attempt (only because she knew she had to) of apologizing for her 'ching chong' statements with a follow up of "Just a warning, I'll probably do it again because that's who I am" completely turned me off to anything she'll ever say again.

For someone who is among a group of people who are constantly attacked and for someone who is always so quick to criticize other peoples actions, I expected much more from her.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Who is/was better for the View?

Star Jones the lawyer.
    Star Jones-Reynolds the ego-maniac.
    Rosie O'Donnell

+ Reply to Thread