+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1564Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

It's my understanding that Katie didn't want to keep doing her show. I don't know if it got canceled or if she just elected to stop.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It's my understanding that Katie didn't want to keep doing her show. I don't know if it got canceled or if she just elected to stop.
    OT (taking this OT to answer)
    I thought I heard or read it was cancelled but mutually they all; Katie and TPTB decided to cancel it.
    KAREN

I just remember reading an interview with Katie and she really was tired of the daily grind of the talk show AND wasn't happy with the direction it was going. I think she was more interested in NEWS than in human interest. Another reason why I don't think she'd be at all interested in a slot on The View.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

If the "new direction" ABC is planning to take this show is smart, informed discussion among intelligent panel members who represent diverse political and social opinions, backgrounds, and ages ... which I think is what the show was supposed to be in the beginning until after Rosie left ... then I think women like Katie Couric, Katherine Schwartzenegger, Ali Wentworth, and a few of the other people mentioned would be good choices. If the new direction is strictly frivolous entertainment, then no credible journalist would want to be involved and they can just hire some obnoxious comedians, reality stars, and out-of-work actors, and wait for the cancellation notice.
    bee stung lips and ibot2much like this.

Well ABC was saying in their press releases yesterday that The View was going to go in a whole new direction in the fall...so maybe it will be more informative with people like Katie on the panel...or it will de-evolve into a complete TMZ gossipfest with a bunch of unlikeable witches who like to yell.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I just read that Bill Rancic, Ross Matthews and Mario Cantone have been auditioned, so maybe the new direction includes men on the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I just read that Bill Rancic, Ross Matthews and Mario Cantone have been auditioned, so maybe the new direction includes men on the panel.
    ET also mentioned Jessie Palmer. I don't think they know, they are just tossing names around right now , or so it seems.I cant see Katie doing this show, and that's okay by me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh my. I'm okay with Ross, but Bill Rancic and Mario Cantone......NOT for me, but I don't really watch The View anymore. I just catch it occasionally, so it won't make a huge difference for me.

Mario Cantone? Really? He's way too over the top, which is his act. He's pigeonholed himself in this type of comedy so I honestly don't see him as a permanent member of that panel. He seems to slide right into his act all too often.

Bill Rancic? Yeah, I like him. Smart, well rounded, courteous enough to let others speak, unafraid to give his point of view.

Ross Matthews? He's ok. I don't know if I could stand him as a permanent host but he surprised me when he was guest hosting. I wouldn't mind seeing him every so often.
    momrek06 and Imperfect1 like this.

Mario gets too hyper as does Ross.

I think with the age of this show, they really need to move beyond hyper hosts.

Its too early in the morning for that, IMHO.

Bill R, I would really like to see on the show.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread