+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1557Likes

Thread: The View

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: The View

I personally would be over the moon if Diane Sawyer ended up one being one of the new hosts. I think she'd be absolutely perfect for that gig, sort of in a Meredith Vieira sort of way.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind Whoopi leaving, too. I'm tired of her defending celebrities behaving badly, and I don't perceive her as having anything particularly insightful or profound to say about anything. I like her as an actress and comedian, but on the panel not so much. I'm sure it's an easy gig for her, and it shows. I'd like to know what "new" direction ABC is planning to take before I could say who would be good on the panel. That being said, though, Katie Couric isn't doing much, has hosted a talk show, and based on her Today show experience, seems to be a good team player.
    Katie would be great in the main chair as the Meredith/Whoopi moderator -- let Whoopi take the Barbara seat on the other end as the elder stateswoman, and bring in 2-3 newbs to fill in the middle.
    Imperfect1 and JulieAnn like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I can't imagine that Diane Sawyer or Katie Couric would want a chair on this sinking ship.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Diane status wise is definitely too good for it prior to her sudden departure (clearly on her terms) we would never even think about it, and Katie I think thinks she is (truthfully, she may not be, but that's a whole other discussion). I am glad everyone wants Ali even if you don't like the rest of my list
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

FORT Fogey

Just saw on ET that one person possibly under consideration is B'ette Andi Dorfman.

They also mentioned Rosie and Laila Ali.

No Barbara
    No Sherri
    No Jenni

I may just start watching again.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Diane Sawyer is probably looking to lighten her load -- Mike Nichols is getting old and he's looked a little frail in public recently -- and doing a daily show wouldn't do that for her. And yes, this isn't a step she would consider. She'll probably go more in the "Barbara Walters Special" direction, or snag big name interviews for 20/20 from time to time.

But Katie had the talk show, which negates all the "network news anchor" prestige -- she dipped a toe in the pond, so an anchor chair on the View would be in her wheelhouse, unless her ego won't let her do it. But I don't know where else she can get a "prestige" news/talk position at the moment.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Just saw on ET that one person possibly under consideration is B'ette Andi Dorfman.

They also mentioned Rosie and Laila Ali.
    Oh, Good God!!! No.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I can't imagine that Diane Sawyer or Katie Couric would want a chair on this sinking ship.
    The very idea...............

Be like (the late) Mike Wallace hosting Family Feud.

She'll probably go more in the "Barbara Walters Special" direction, or snag big name interviews for 20/20 from time to time.
    That is exactly what Diane is going to do; it's been reported and she said so herself.

Katie just got married btw. Her own talk show has failed after two seasons.
    Last edited by tango7; 06-27-2014 at 10:49 PM.

I was very surprised that Katie's show was not renewed after two years. I thought she did an excellent job interviewing the guests and the topics were always interesting. I found it informative and not just filled with the usual celebrities making the talk show rounds to promote something. I'd like to see The View with at least one female news personality/journalist and since both Katie Couric and Diane Sawyer are older, they would bring a lifetime of world events and experience to the panel.

+ Reply to Thread