+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Hmmm..... Maybe this is the reason Diane Sawyer is leaving nightly new anchoring.
    To host The View??!! You're kidding, right?

I think NOT.

I’m glad Sherri & Jenni are leaving, got fired, whatever.

Sherri lasted much longer than she should have. Her claw hands, eye-bugging, stupid worthless comments, all the Jeffrey talk. Ugh.

Also good riddance to Jenni. Ick.

Sherri was always awful, imo. (“Gotta get me a man”) But she became nauseating with the wedding talk. Married an unemployed “writer” who worked as her “manager”. I suspect she bought her own engagement ring. She and Sal never seemed to be “into” each other. She wanted a wedding and a “huzzband” and he needed a meal ticket. Now 2 ½ yrs later they’re divorcing. What a farce. The shame of it is there is a surrogate baby on the way.
    Last edited by tango7; 06-27-2014 at 01:33 PM.

I suspect Rosie has learned from her past experiences, and in fact, I think she shined on her last two appearances.

Whoopi made a comment earlier this week that makes me think she would be against having a man as a regular on their panel. Personally, I would prefer that they not do that but I guess we shall see.

Ali, Ali, Ali Please!
    GabbyG and Debb70 like this.

Re: Rosie aside from going off on people for no reason, she had her own show for years. Joining a panel didn't work. Rosie must be in control of everyone at all times. She also played the "it must be because I'm gay" card a lot. Frankly I don't care to ever see/listen to Rosie O'Donnell again on any show.
    combatcutie and captain like this.

FORT Fogey

I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind Whoopi leaving, too. I'm tired of her defending celebrities behaving badly, and I don't perceive her as having anything particularly insightful or profound to say about anything. I like her as an actress and comedian, but on the panel not so much. I'm sure it's an easy gig for her, and it shows. I'd like to know what "new" direction ABC is planning to take before I could say who would be good on the panel. That being said, though, Katie Couric isn't doing much, has hosted a talk show, and based on her Today show experience, seems to be a good team player.

FORT Fogey

I see where you are coming from with Whoopi. I think that a lot of the time when she's not contributing much, it's because of her frustration over the current environment. There were a few times when Barbara would ramble off when she was still on that Whoopi would make comments that showed her frustration. In mindless discussions, she has always seemed to check out, and I think she's doing that a lot now with Sherri and Jenny. Yes, she does defend celebriteis - but that's because she is a bigger celebrity than anyone else on the show. She can relate to them. I may not always agree with her, but i can see where she's coming from, and can actually say she's walked in those steps.
    Jahim and MsDiva2007 like this.

I like Whoopie, but I'm with AlwaysVeg. I wouldn't miss her from the show. I can pretty much predict what she's going to say. And I think she's not happy there. Maybe that will change now that the bar will hopefully be raised.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they would just end the show. Now is as good a time as any.
    captain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind Whoopi leaving, too. I'm tired of her defending celebrities behaving badly, and I don't perceive her as having anything particularly insightful or profound to say about anything. I like her as an actress and comedian, but on the panel not so much. I'm sure it's an easy gig for her, and it shows. I'd like to know what "new" direction ABC is planning to take before I could say who would be good on the panel. That being said, though, Katie Couric isn't doing much, has hosted a talk show, and based on her Today show experience, seems to be a good team player.
    Whoopi shows up for her paycheque, its an easy gig for her. I honestly don't know who I want to see on this show.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I love the suggestion of Katherine Shriver. The other day when I was coming up with my dream panel and was struggling for an intelligent 20 something - she'd fit the bill perfectly. So I'll revise my post from that day to say my ideal panel would be Whoopi, Carole Radzwill, Sage Steele and Katherine Shriver ... with frequent guest hosting gigs from Ali Wentworth. If they wanted to put the panel back to 5, I'd take her for the fifth.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I'm so glad Sherri and Jenni are out! Ever since BW left, Sherri acted like she was the star of the show. She has always talked a lot but lately she has been outta control. I like Sherri the actress, not talk show host. Jenni didn't really contribute much and her gushing about Donnie has been nauseating.

I like Ross Matthews but yes, everyday might be too much. Megan McCain might be a good choice, Laila Ali sounds interesting and Ali Wentworth is hilarious. Although too much of her might turn me off as well.

I hope that with a new panel that Whoopie will be present and not just phoning it in anymore. Her defense of celebrities behaving badly is kind of annoying. It's like she is kissing ass and I never thought she'd be that type of person.

I wonder what the E True Hollywood story is about Bill Geddie. Did he get the boot from ABC honchos or did BW have a big say in that decision?
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread