+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1491Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I agree with those who have said Jenny and Sherri were most likely fired. To me, the tell tale sign is the way the two of them, along with Donnie, took to twitter to show how happy they were with all of it. If they had chosen to leave, I don't think they would have been so vocal about their excitement over it. It seemed like a transparent "save face" move. I kind of remember Leah Remini and Holly Robinson doing the same sort of thing when they were let go from The Talk.
    bee stung lips likes this.

I am not a Rosie fan, and I don't want all of the panel to be comedians trying to outdo one another
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I doubt if she'd want to lock herself into a daily gig now that she left ABC evening news, but an hour show for an informed intelligent newswoman like Diane Sawyer might not be too time-consuming. She could serve as the matriarch that BW could have been but never pulled off because of all the frivolous nonsense they incorporated as time went on. Another possibility (along the lines of serious, sharp newswomen and not all comedians) is Maria Shriver... or even her daughter (I can't recall her name) for the younger audience they hope to have. I read that they want to completely revamp the show, so it depends on what direction they're going to take it as to who they might want on the panel.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Hmmm..... Maybe this is the reason Diane Sawyer is leaving nightly new anchoring.

FORT Fogey

If Bill does in fact leave, I would like to see them give Whoopi more of an executive producer type role. She's got an understanding of how the show works, and has a really good vision of how to communicate a message to an audience. I would like to see what she could do with with the freedom to put her vision together.
    combatcutie and tinderbox like this.

What a really odd show today, it was sort of icy, and everyone was really careful with what they said..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

It was taped on Wednesday. So if the reports are true that decisions were made at a meeting yesterday afternoon, then it was taped before all the changes were known.

YIKES, The VIEW got the BROOM out!!!!

LOL

Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

I wonder if they are planning to add some males to the show?
    momrek06 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Buh- bye Sherri & JennY Now I won't have to hear about Donnie and Jeffrey and your stupid comments that make absolutely NO sense all the time
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread