+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1561Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Jenny was a horrible choice, we all knew that. Sherri isn't very bright, she can discuss everyone else , except her poor choice in men .I think they should close it down I am sure BW will come on and say how much( BS) she loves them all.

I hope they have a decent mixture, all these nodding dogs are so boring
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I love how ABC is letting it look like Sherri and Jenny left on their own power. PULEEEASE. Fired, for sure.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I love how ABC is letting it look like Sherri and Jenny left on their own power. PULEEEASE. Fired, for sure.
    There was a tweet from Jenny, if Sherri goes, I go

Yes, yes you do! no more Donnie talk.
    combatcutie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

The thing that always baffles me when people talk about how the show should be cancelled is there doesn't seem to be an answer to what you would put in it's place. ABC hasn't had a lot of luck with launching other daytime shows. They've killed their soaps. The Chew is on the air, but is certainly not strong. If they cancel it and just don't put anything there, so each local station comes up with their own shows, then ABC gives up a lot of money. They are not going to do that. I don't think there's much question that they will revamp rather than pulling the plug. The show may not do as well as it once did, but it's still a lot better than anything else ABC has come up with for daytime. I think adding Laila Ali would be FANTASTIC! I don't want to see Rosie come back - she's not a team player and that show needs team players. I also hate the idea of making any men regular hosts.

The article I read from Sheri's people made it seem as if her people and ABC could not come to terms on a salary figure.....Sorry, but you mean Sheri can demand a certain number in her salary? That's a shocker.

I see you guys are way ahead of me, as I am just hearing about this. When it comes to TV, I fall off the end of Earth during the summer months.

I would like to see Rosie come back and I'd be thrilled if they'd ask Ali Wentworth.

In order to survive, this show needs to get back to having strong, opinionated women who are well versed on current events. No more women who just repeat what they've heard on the news.
    GabbyG, Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.

Those are good sugguestions. I do like Rosie, but wonder if that setting is ideal for her. I know she's on meds now and is much better, but I wonder if that setting would trigger her. I'd like to continue seeing her settled, happy and raising her kids without any drama. If she could manage it, I think it would be a good thing.

How about Meredith, Lisa Ling, Joy Behar, and Oprah! lol
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Those two going is not a bad idea. I also don't mind the addition of some men to change it all up, but have no use for Rosie.

Isn't her former partner raising the kids now? so meds or no meds---kids or no kids, we've already seen Rosie and don't want to her again.
    combatcutie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Deb, anyone can demand a certain salary. If she and ABC could not come to terms, then it clearly means that Sherri is not one who can demand AND GET a certain salary.
    Debb70 likes this.

I'm thrilled Sherri and Jenny are out the door. Heck, Bill Geddie, too! It's time for a total revamp of this show. (I believe S and J were fired. BG probably quit because BW has left the show.)

I'd love to see Ali Wentworth join Whoopi. I'd also like to see someone like Nora O'Donnell fill a seat. Also, I wouldn't mind a male on the team. I think Bill Rancic could have been "interviewing" for the show during this last month. He has been on a lot and I think he did well considering he had to deal with Sherri and Jenny!

What is vital is a group of people from different age groups (and political points of view) so that we've given several points of view on every subject.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread