+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

From what I've learned about Whoopi, my guess would be that she was coming from a place of, "I don't know. I was not there."
    dagwood likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I would give Jenny and Sherri the heave-ho and surround Whoopi with a stronger supporting cast of characters. I'd choose:

Margaret Cho (She would add a lot of fun to the show and I'd love to hear stories about her mother).

Raven-Symone (I've always thought that she was extremely charismatic. I feel like she's had a lot of life experience yet she is 28 so she would offer that younger perspective that the show needs).

One of Candace Cameron Bure/Patricia Heaton. They have both been guest co-hosts and offer that religious, conservative perspective that the show needs. I would personally choose Candace since she a) has a whackjob for a brother and b) has that nostalgic factor of being on Full House.

The last spot would ideally go to a legitimate journalist to fill that Lisa Ling spot that never seemed to get filled. The ideal person would be someone very levelheaded and analytical. Perhaps this person would be slightly conservative leaning to balance out the panel since Whoopi, Margaret, and Raven are more liberal.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Well...word is, Sherri's days at The View are over. According to Entertainment Tonight, she's decided she doesn't want to return for next season. This show is sooooo done. Nothing short of Meredith Viera, Lisa Ling and Joy all returning together can save it now.

There are even rumblings Bill Geddes won't be back.

And POOF it was gone.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I wish I knew who's decision it was to hire Jenny in the first place. It seemed like a very ill conceived idea. WHY would a higher up at ABC do that? It's so odd, IMO.

Are you guys referring to the story by TMZ that all are fired, except for Whoopie? I've wanted Bill Geddie out of there for ages. That alone would help, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wish I knew who's decision it was to hire Jenny in the first place. It seemed like a very ill conceived idea. WHY would a higher up at ABC do that? It's so odd, IMO.

Are you guys referring to the story by TMZ that all are fired, except for Whoopie? I've wanted Bill Geddie out of there for ages. That alone would help, IMO.
    I read about Sherri on the Entertainment Tonight facebook page.

I suppose in Sherri's case, she probably wants to go deal with all her personal issues, divorce etc. and spend more time with her son, I'm guessing.

From what Donnie Wahlberg just tweeted I gathered Jenny and Sherri were gone...then saw an entertainment news tweet confirming it.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    From what Donnie Wahlberg just tweeted I gathered Jenny and Sherri were gone...then saw an entertainment news tweet confirming it.
    What did Donnie's tweet say?

I just read the news with Sherri and Jenny gone. Bye! I used to love Sherri, but her and Jenny made the show unbearable for me that I don't even watch now. I love that Whoopi is going to be able to (hopefully) continue on with a better cast. I heard rumors of including guys on the panel, and I think that's fine occasionally but wouldn't work for me long term.

I have the cast though, my dream cast. I know this would come off probably very unpopularly here, but I would love to see Bethenny on a cast like this. It is New York based and she really have a great point of view. I'd also love to see Ali Wentworth, I remember she co hosted a few times and everytime she struck me as someone interesting and I know George Stephanopoulos GMA connects would love it. Finally if we could get someone like Gwen Ifill from PBS Newshour or someone outside of that partisan nonsense to come on to round out the cast.
    combatcutie and Imperfect1 like this.
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

"My View isn't changing. Standing by my baby's side all the way! Love you Jenny! You too Sherri! #sisters"
    gag. Im happy if he is happy but I dont like her!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Yep, TMZ is reporting that Jenny, Sherri AND Bill are out. Barbara will be on the show on Friday.

I wonder why ABC is so invested in keeping this show on the air. I feel like it's time to cancel it and move on.
    'The View' Firing Massacre
    6/26/2014 4:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
    EXCLUSIVE

"The View" is cleaning house. Network sources tell us the cast has been fired... except for Whoopi Goldberg.

Our sources say there was a meeting at ABC late Thursday afternoon and they announced Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy were out. Sources tell us executive producer Bill Geddie also will not be coming back.

Maybe not coincidentally ... Barbara Walters is scheduled to be on the show Friday (though it did tape on Wednesday).

"The View" has been in turmoil since Jenny was hired ... it messed up the chemistry on the show.

And several sources say there's a real chance Rosie O'Donnell will be coming back. We're also told producers are "very interested" in Laila Ali.

We're also told the show is interested in Ross Mathews and Jesse Palmer.

Jenny tweeted late Thursday, "My View will be changing too. As will with many hard working folks. Thanks to everyone at the show for your dedication and an amazing year."

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    Firing Massacre at 'The View' | TMZ.com

I might actually tune in if Rosie and Laila were hired. I like Ross, but I don't think I could take him on a daily basis. He's a bit of a flibbertigibbet. Jesse? No. Just, no.
    bee stung lips and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread