+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Didn't Bill Geddie say the other day that they have never spoken with Bethenny about being on the panel? If that's not true, hiring her would be a mistake. I don't think Bethenny is any good at NOT being in charge.

BTW, I also heard Bill Maher say on the show that he's in favor of repealing the 2nd Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Didn't Bill Geddie say the other day that they have never spoken with Bethenny about being on the panel? If that's not true, hiring her would be a mistake. I don't think Bethenny is any good at NOT being in charge.

BTW, I also heard Bill Maher say on the show that he's in favor of repealing the 2nd Amendment.
    I didn't watch the show when Bill Geddie said that. Good to hear!! Thanks.

Everybody is talking about Bill Rancic's comment NOT Bill Maher. (I think....)

I think Bill said they have not spoken with Bethany, which means they probably have.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I am never home to watch this show & don't care enough to dvr it BUTTTTT I have heard:

Bethenny Frankel reportedly in talks to co-host 'The View' | Fox News
    I pray they don't do something so stupid. I intensely dislike that woman. I'd accept both Elizabeth and Babs back before I'd accept Bethany. Lord, no....UGH!

Good grief are they that hard up?? They'd be better just taking the show off the air than bringing Bethany on. Seriously, there's a reason her own show was cancelled...she's not a draw and she's not a likeable person.
    Coco46 and Debb70 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I didn't watch the show when Bill Geddie said that. Good to hear!! Thanks.

Everybody is talking about Bill Rancic's comment NOT Bill Maher. (I think....)
    No. They're talking about Bill Maher in response to this post.

Quote Originally Posted by annifran View Post
    On today's show with Bill Maher as guest, Sherri asked him his opinion, after discussing whether teachers should have concealed weapons in the classroom and gun control issues, he answered by stating he believed in 2nd amendment rights. At that point, Sherri had a deer-in-the-headlights look on her face as she appeared to have no idea what he was talking about, not knowing that the 2nd amendment refers to the right to bear arms and that he WAS answering her question. Thankfully, someone else quickly jumped in and diverted the conversation away from Sherri. She seemed to be shell-shocked and silent for a while after that. Hopefully she learned not to talk about a subject that you know nothing about, but I doubt it.
    I just called it up on Hulu and watched that segment, and he did say that he is in favor of repealing the 2nd amendment. But he also seemed to support the idea of teachers being trained to use guns and deal with armed people coming into their schools.

I didn't get the impression that Sherri was a deer in the headlights. I thought she was trying to disguise an "are you for real" reaction by looking sympathetically interested.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 06-25-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

since you all are very opinionated view-viewers, who do you all think would be a good fit if you had to swap out 1 or 2 people that are currently hosting and why?

FORT Fogey

Good question Dogg! I think my idea panel would be Whoopi, Sage Steele, Carole Radzwill, and ... I'm trying to come up with a name for a fourth person. I'd like to see someone in her 20s who can return the panel to a younger perspective. I don't know anything about Caroline Kennedy's two daughters in their adult lives - but since this is my dream panel and it doesn't matter whether or not they'd WANT the jobs, I'll say one of the two of them. That would put the panel back on track of having women from different viewpoints, walks of life, etc.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Noooooooooooo!!! OMG! For a show that, imo, is half dead....Bethenny Frankel will put the final nail in its coffin.
    I would be sooooooooooo HAPPY if Bethenny joined the View! BUT I would doubt that it would actually happen, even though Bethenny has a huge following, particularly amoung young women, many minorities, and LTGB folks. A lot of people really love her --- but we all know that a lot of people don't. So if they're really looking for someone who is controversial, she might be a good fit. But I agree with you tinderbox, that The View is half dead at this point, and someone as polarizing as Bethenny would probably cause the show a lot of controversy, which it doesn't need right now. And neither does she. So to me, as much as I'd personally love to see her every day, her being on The View probably wouldn't work out very well.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 06-26-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Was Whoopi standing up for OJ?
    'The View' Guest Host Will Cain Grills Whoopi Goldberg on O.J. Simpson Innocence (Video) - TheWrap

I've been wondering about this ever since you posted it, and happened to run across this today. I didn't get the impression that she was standing up for OJ so much as she was speaking about what led to the decision. LAPD won the case for OJ, IMO.

****************************** ****************************** ****************************** ************************
    As much as I hate to admit it, Will Cain is irritating enough to be hired as a regular conservative panelist. He makes his point and doesn't back down. It's a shame he hangs with the likes of Glenn Beck.

I can't stand Bill Rancic.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-26-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When she was asked if she thought OJ was guilty, she said I don't know. Man I have swamp land to sell that lady!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread