+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1503Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

How can they get into a good groove? You've got a woman who ignored medicine for years insisting that vaccines cause autism, and now can't decide whether she is still pushing that or not ... it seems to depend on the audience she's talking to. Next to her you've got a woman who would rather say she's not sure whether or not the world is flat than to have to defend a thought she's had. Next to them, you've got a woman who has written her own shows, produced documentaries, and found numerous ways though art to express her original thoughts. For a while when she didn't have Jenny to lean on, Sherri seemed to respect Whoopi's position and accept criticism / advice form her. Now, it seems like she's resisting that and thinks she's as wise as Whoopi. The disconnect between them seems too wide.
    tinderbox likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As the song by Gershwin says, "It Ain't Necessarily So."

And John Edward, whom I also really believe in, is a MEDIUM....not a psychic.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-10-2014 at 11:24 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Honestly, I think the ladies are still travelling at a high level of excitement at Barbara being gone and the show being left in their hands. Hopefully, it will settle down and get into a good groove.

I am sooooo agreeing with Whoopi's stance on Monica Lewinsky. There is nothing in me that understands people like her. The girl had ZERO judgment. I guess we were just raised differently.

hmmmm, well..............not defending Monica (although I think she was used) but I found Whoopi's criticism of Monica getting involved with a married man to be "interesting". Guess she forgot that Ted Danson was married when she was involved with him, as was Frank Langella. Whoopi w was in her late 30s and early 40s during those affairs/relationships (vs a 22 yr old intern).

Whoopi also defended Jesse James when he cheated on Sandra Bullock.
    Last edited by tango7; 06-10-2014 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post

hmmmm, well..............not defending Monica (although I think she was used) but I found Whoopi's criticism of Monica getting involved with a married man to be "interesting". Guess she forgot that Ted Danson was married when she was involved with him, as was Frank Langella. Whoopi w was in her late 30s and early 40s during those affairs/relationships (vs a 22 yr old intern).

Whoopi also defended Jesse James when he cheated on Sandra Bullock.
    Its Whoopi's selective memory again.SMH
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

The way that I interpreted what Whoopi was saying about Monica was different. She was NOT really 'focusing' on whether Monica was right or wrong in having sex with a married man --- but she WAS saying that a 20 year old woman should KNOW whether something is right or wrong, and that a 20 year old young woman should have to take the RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER OWN ACTIONS and DECISIONS.

I totally agree that at 20 years old, we do KNOW what is right and wrong. What we choose to DO about it is a different issue. I also feel that we have to be accountable for our actions at 20 years old. Clearly Monica, like many other young people, was strongly persuaded by the intoxication of being intimate with someone who is famous, but if she was intelligent enough and level headed enough to be a WHITE HOUSE INTERN for G*d's sake (a job that you have to be very smart and savvy to attain), she was intelligent enough to KNOW that having sex with the married President was not right.

And yes, she obviously was very smitten, and she probably thought she'd never get caught, and bla bla bla, but the problem was that she CHOSE TO IGNORE the rules and have sex with a married man, in the White House, etc, etc. And she DID get caught, and she's had to pay for that mistake ever since. And many of us have had to pay dearly for mistakes that we made at a young age. I feel a bit sorry for her that she's become so 'notorious' --- but there are consequences for our actions, and she's had to pay the consequences.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 06-11-2014 at 07:41 AM.

I wonder how many 20 year old would feel oh so flattered, the President wants me!!!
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Imperfect, thank you. You are thinking more along the lines I was thinking along. It wasn't as simple as just "a married man".

Maybe she also learned not to be so loose-lipped about her private life. That was just stooopid.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Barbara Walters commented many times about Monica. Earlier this year she mentioned that Monica that despite all her education/degrees Monica has not been able to find a job (she is 40 now). Even Bill Rancic commented the other day that no one will hire her. I'm also not aware of of her having any serious relationships.

Yet. Bill Clinton was able to move on – personally and professionally. I’ve always liked him, I voted for him, but I was very disappointed in his actions during the whole Monica issue.

Yes, a 20 yr old should have “known better”, but so should a 50 yr old married man – President or otherwise.

I also think that it’s interesting that when a married man cheats, most people (especially most women) will blame the other woman…forever.

Yes, a 20 yr old should have “known better”, but so should a 50 yr old married man – President or otherwise.
    I didnt believe it at first, and now people pay lots and lots to here him speak. Not me, never would.

I also think that it’s interesting that when a married man cheats, most people (especially most women) will blame the other woman…forever.
    Yes, that is interesting, I don't blame only her, she should have known better, but slick willy should have also known better! he abused his office
    YorkieMom likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

but slick willy should have also known better! he abused his office
    And his marriage vows. He caused a lot of hurt and humiliation to his wife and (then) teen daughter. He disappointed and disgusted millions of citizens - many who voted for him and put their trust in him. And he lied, and got caught.

Yet.........people focus on Monica, how she may have been raised (something people know nothing about), and that SHE should have known better.
    Last edited by tango7; 06-11-2014 at 04:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread