+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #10661
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,353

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Sorry, but no child who is raised to respect people of all races and cultures would have said what he did. He was certainly old enough to know better. If they had shown a video of some unknown kid saying or singing what Beiber did, I bet Whoopi would have had a totally different reaction.
    I don't know, I said a few nasty things when I was 15. I was raised to know better. For me it wasn't even about JB, it's what Whoopie went on to say after that , that got me, I think that wisdom smoke she loves so much has addled her brain
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #10662
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,319

    Re: The View

    Jenny McCarthy said she told her son, several years ago, that sex was foot rubs??? That is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I hate stupid, misleading, misinforming parents.

    Thank goodness my mother did not think like her. My mother, at least, gave the facts but was very careful in how she chose her words. I guess that's where I got the belief that it was always important to tell children the truth.....carefully.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  3. #10663
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,353

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Jenny McCarthy said she told her son, several years ago, that sex was foot rubs??? That is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I hate stupid, misleading, misinforming parents.

    Thank goodness my mother did not think like her. My mother, at least, gave the facts but was very careful in how she chose her words. I guess that's where I got the belief that it was always important to tell children the truth.....carefully.
    Why would she say that? weird..it can lead to sex though Evan doesn't need to know that
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #10664
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,055

    Re: The View

    I didn't see the discussion, but I'd guess that Jenny said that in one of those panic moments all parents have when a kid asks a question you have not prepared to answer yet. Something is blurted out without thinking - and later on you usually realize if you had the moment back you'd answer differently. I'd be very surprised if Jenny gave it all kinds of thought, and waited for the day that Evan asked the question so she could give the answer she had carefully constructed.

  5. #10665
    FORT Fogey tinderbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,218

    Re: The View

    I've been watching The View again since Barbara's retirement because I thought it would be so.much.better.with.her.gone. Wrong! The show is still awful! (NOT that I want Babs back!) Something is missing. Maybe they should ask Joy Behar to return. At least she has some spunk.
    bee stung lips and Imperfect1 like this.

  6. #10666
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,353

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I've been watching The View again since Barbara's retirement because I thought it would be so.much.better.with.her.gone. Wrong! The show is still awful! (NOT that I want Babs back!) Something is missing. Maybe they should ask Joy Behar to return. At least she has some spunk.
    I don't want her back, it just seems like a very little show, smaller than when BW was on.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #10667
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,055

    Re: The View

    I think the problem is that the only real thinker on the panel is Whoopi. Some of the people they've brought on as guest hosts are real thinking women too, so I hope that is a sign that they are going to move back in that direction. But Jenny and Sherri are NOT thinkers, nor are they very informed about what is happening in the world. So whenever they have current issues discussions, both of them talk from a perspective of what they imagine the facts to be - not what they know. Regardless of what you think of their ideology, Elisabeth, Joy, Rosie, and Starr were all women who came across as having heard about issues being discussed prior to being on air. Jenny and Sherri come across as if when they talk about a current event, sitting at the table is the first time either of them have heard that it is happening. In my dream world, they would get rid of both Jenny and Sherri, and replace them with women who say things that would prompt Whoopi to say "I hadn't thought of that" ... and vice versa.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

  8. #10668
    FORT Fogey tinderbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,218

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think the problem is that the only real thinker on the panel is Whoopi. Some of the people they've brought on as guest hosts are real thinking women too, so I hope that is a sign that they are going to move back in that direction. But Jenny and Sherri are NOT thinkers, nor are they very informed about what is happening in the world. So whenever they have current issues discussions, both of them talk from a perspective of what they imagine the facts to be - not what they know. Regardless of what you think of their ideology, Elisabeth, Joy, Rosie, and Starr were all women who came across as having heard about issues being discussed prior to being on air. Jenny and Sherri come across as if when they talk about a current event, sitting at the table is the first time either of them have heard that it is happening. In my dream world, they would get rid of both Jenny and Sherri, and replace them with women who say things that would prompt Whoopi to say "I hadn't thought of that" ... and vice versa.
    ...and Meredith!

    I totally agree with your post. Jenny and Sherri are nothing more than window dressing.

    I think producing a perfect balance between a Meet the Press type show and an Entertainment Tonight type show must be difficult. However, what they have right now is neither, nor a combination of the two types, and it isn't working.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

  9. #10669
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,055

    Re: The View

    You are absolutely right - I should have included Meredith on the list of thinkers! Lisa too. I think I left them off because they were not as controversial as the others. I think I'd actually be okay with the show with Jenny and Sherri if Whoopi was not there. If they had four people who were not very well informed talking about topics of the day, I may not tune in, but there are a lot of shows that are good but I don't watch. But Whoopi is so well informed and well spoken that things don't fit. Her intelligence level is brought down, and the show can't maintain the reputation it's built with the hodge podge they have. I don't care what they say -- I have a hard time believing that Whoopi really enjoys conversing with those two each day and I like her too much to see her just go through the motions.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

  10. #10670
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,319

    Re: The View

    Honestly, I think the ladies are still travelling at a high level of excitement at Barbara being gone and the show being left in their hands. Hopefully, it will settle down and get into a good groove.


    I am sooooo agreeing with Whoopi's stance on Monica Lewinsky. There is nothing in me that understands people like her. The girl had ZERO judgment. I guess we were just raised differently.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-10-2014 at 11:11 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.