+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1543Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

For the most part, Whoopi is pretty consistent in defending the stupid things that people say and get in trouble with. While I may not always agree with the actions she's defending, I commend her consistency. After all, she's been the one in hot water for things that she's said more than once. She's walked in those shoes, so she's extending the same kind of compassion that she was looking for herself. In addition, she's made a career of speaking her mind. She defends people who speak their minds. People can disagree without the need to destroy people on the other side. Whoopi is walking the walk to back up her talk.

FORT Fogey

Whoopi is good at defending the stupid things that celebrities say, not people in general. She pretty much wipes up the floor with regular people who say or do stupid things in their hot topics. I don't see anything commendable about defending somebody's racist remarks. People have been making excuses for and overlooking that kid's behavior for years. I wish at least Usher would read him the riot act. Somebody needs to kick his skinny little self-entitled butt.
    bee stung lips likes this.

FORT Fogey

I understand where she is coming from. I think there is somewhat of a difference between an ignorant little boy using words hoping to get a reaction from people and to be seen as "funny" vs a person spewing words of hate hoping to intimidate, control, and demean. I think that Whoopi has probably had experiences in her own life that give her the ability to distinguish between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am sick, to death, Miranda Lambert's face showing up on every show here lately. Maria Menounos is also making me tired. Enough already!!!
    I am not a fan of Lambert.I don't like her husband either - Blake always looks drunk.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Did Whoopi really defend Justin Bieber's racist song and video by saying he was Canadian and that Canadians didn't have the same history with African Americans? I hope that is the wrong summary of her comments.
    Rosci Diaz, that silly, bubble-headed Entertainment Tonight host said the exact same thing in regards to Justin Beiber's use of the N-word---that the word isn't as significant to Canada as it is to the America...HUH???? And now Whoopi--who supposedly prides herself on being intelligent goes and does the same thing, running her mouth suggesting Justin's casual use of the N word is due in part to him having been raised a Canadian? Oh, is that, so Ms. Goldberg?

Pfft...both these dizzy-headed idiots need to quit talking out of their asses as the N word comes with as much painful history to Canadian blacks as it does to American blacks.

It is glaringly apparent I neither of these knuckleheads has ever cracked open a history book involving any country other than their own. Because if they had they would know that in addition to the history of the N word in Canada, the country also has a very rich black history. The underground rail road holds significant importance to this country as it does to America. Plenty of black slaves found their way to freedom in Canada via the underground rail road, and settled here, eventually leading to the development of several black communities here, the majority of which can be found right here in my tiny province of Nova Scotia.

Just had to get that off my chest. GRRRR...!!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

And now Whoopi--who supposedly prides herself on being intelligent goes and does the same thing, running her mouth suggesting Justin's casual use of the N word is due in part to him having been raised a Canadian? Oh, is that, so Ms. Goldberg?
    That's why I said she was out to lunch. I think sometimes her memory does not serve her well.

Just had to get that off my chest. GRRRR...!!
    I am glad you did Bee.
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That's why I said she was out to lunch. I think sometimes her memory does not serve her well.
    Sometimes I think she's more concerned with defending her fellow Hollywood peers and being contrary for the sake of being contrary than anything else.

I am glad you did Bee.
    So am I. And now...calories be damned....I'm going to get me some ice cream...it's been a long, tiring day and I deserve a treat.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fan

There were a million other words Bieber could have filled in the blank with besides the N word. No excuse, Canadian, teen-ager, air-head, he knew what he was doing.

Whoopi should be ashamed, also. Go sit down!
    bee stung lips and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by overseas View Post
    There were a million other words Bieber could have filled in the blank with besides the N word. No excuse, Canadian, teen-ager, air-head, he knew what he was doing.

Whoopi should be ashamed, also. Go sit down!
    Yes there were, it was joke he did when he was 15.No excuses, and goodness knows what Whoopi was saying
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Sorry, but no child who is raised to respect people of all races and cultures would have said what he did. He was certainly old enough to know better. If they had shown a video of some unknown kid saying or singing what Beiber did, I bet Whoopi would have had a totally different reaction.

+ Reply to Thread