+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1529Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I have no idea where you got 100%, and I have no interest in furthering that discussion.
    kireelady likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I can understand an adult child wanting to stay out of the limelight of a famous parent, but to boycott a retirement tribute for a parent with a stellar career of dedicated service of 50 years is really the height of insult, IMO. She could have sent a video taped message or something.
    How do you know she wasn't there? Maybe she was, and asked NOT to be shown on camera. She wants to be anonymous, showing your face on national TV during your mother's biggest day is not staying anonymous. Both Barbara and Whoopie do not share too much of their children's lives at their kids request. I'm sure both of them would love to share stories because sometimes its too good not to share, but honor their kids wishes. Kudos.

When my son was 11 or 12, I started a facebook account. I asked my son if I could post a couple of pics of him and he said no. So I didn't and he didn't have to give a reason. 3 years later he started one and posted a pic and I thought it would be OK now, but I was wrong. The answer was still no. LOL

ETA I don't think they will ask Sherri about her goings on unless she wants to talk and put forward a statement. They have been pretty good with going along with covered up lies ala Star Jones.
    Last edited by JunkieGirl; 05-18-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    causingchaos and AcookerTV like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Is 'agreeance', as opposed to 'agreement', becoming an accepted word these days? Sherri just about drove me crazy using 'agreeance' today. There is another word that my school teacher sister started using that was a bastardized version of a sensible word that was already in usage, but I can't think of what it was. All I know is that it annoyed me to the nth degree and it was stupid.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Is 'agreeance', as opposed to 'agreement', becoming an accepted word these days? Sherri just about drove me crazy using 'agreeance' today. There is another word that my school teacher sister started using that was a bastardized version of a sensible word that was already in usage, but I can't think of what it was. All I know is that it annoyed me to the nth degree and it was stupid.
    I sure as heck hope not!!

How about "prolly" instead of probably? There's another common mistake that drives me nuts.
    babyfat101 and Imperfect1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I sure as heck hope not!!

How about "prolly" instead of probably? There's another common mistake that drives me nuts.
    Prolly? I have never even heard of that. SMH
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

NOW I REMEMBER!!!!! She liked to use 'conversate' when the word was 'converse'!! As far as I am concerned, 'conversate' is a street corner word, when somebody thinks it makes them sound intelligent. Unfortunately, I think they recently added that word to the dictionary....like they probably will end up adding 'agreeance'.

That would be my "educated" sister sounding stupid.

FORT Fogey

Were they live with a new show today? And if so, now that the hoopla over Barbara is over, did they say anything about Sherri's divorce drama? If they did not, then we'd better never again hear an argument from any of those women that they are justified dissecting the private affairs of any celebrities because they are in the public eye. Sherri is all ready for the gossip when it's about other people ...

Aren't they out for the summer? I didn't check today to see.

I have a feeling that Sheri is probably having a huge struggle on the inside. She's smiling on the outside, but on the inside she's torn all apart. Good or bad, she's crazy over her son and I'm sure her unborn baby. To have to deal with possibly losing custody has to be eating her up inside. Considering everything, I feel for her.

FORT Fogey

Normally they don't break for the entire summer so I wasn't sure what their plan was - whether they'd have time off after Barbara or not. And I totally agree with you on the struggle Sherri is going through right now. However, that's the same struggle that Beyonce was going through when her sister and husband were caught fighting, that Lindsay Lohan has gone through during various trials in her life, etc etc. In each of those instances, Sherri jumps at the chance to discuss them, speculate, assume the worst, etc. When Whoopi will sometimes bring things up like invading privacy, she's one who disagrees arguing they are in the public eye. Now, it's inconvenient for Sherri to go by that rule. I don't think it's right for her to be so in favor of invading the privacy of others, but fiercely protect her own. She should have been giving those other celebrities the respect that she wants now.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

It was a new show. I watched the first 10 minutes or so because I wanted to see what they were going to say about Barbara. They had a male guest co-host in her seat, some sports guy. Whoopi sort of verbally reviewed the past week, mainly Friday, and then they started talking about the Michael Jackson hologram performance on the Billboard music awards show, and I don't know what else after that.

+ Reply to Thread