+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #10591
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,914

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    There was a huge picture from yesterday on the evening news. It was the very last feature on the show.

    When the women walked out today, I was afraid it was going to be a black and yellow dress theme!
    I liked the girl who interviewed Barbra as Barbra . Very enjoyable and for all her faults, BW has done more in her life than several women rolled into one
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #10592
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,889

    Re: The View

    Sadly, I posted something about Sheri's parenting upthread not too long ago, before any of this came out. Sadly, I wonder if it's true too. I hate to see it.

    She does stay very busy, though The View doesn't take that much time. Everyone on that show has talked about how great it is. You just arrive a couple of hours before hand for hair and makeup and to go over the script and then leave at noon. It's all the other stuff Sheri does that takes so much time. I get the feeling that Sheri might not want to leave Jeffrey with a sitter or teacher who will require much from him.

    If these allegations are true, it could force Sheri's hand.

    What if Sal and Jeffrey's dad are in on this together? They could each testify for the other, bolstering the other's claims. This could force Sheri to move to CA in order to get to see Jeffrey every week. OR it could be they are trying to force more money out of Sheri. If they threaten to take her kids, she'll pay the money. Maybe that's what it's really about.

  3. #10593
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,914

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Sadly, I posted something about Sheri's parenting upthread not too long ago, before any of this came out. Sadly, I wonder if it's true too. I hate to see it.

    She does stay very busy, though The View doesn't take that much time. Everyone on that show has talked about how great it is. You just arrive a couple of hours before hand for hair and makeup and to go over the script and then leave at noon. It's all the other stuff Sheri does that takes so much time. I get the feeling that Sheri might not want to leave Jeffrey with a sitter or teacher who will require much from him.

    If these allegations are true, it could force Sheri's hand.

    What if Sal and Jeffrey's dad are in on this together? They could each testify for the other, bolstering the other's claims. This could force Sheri to move to CA in order to get to see Jeffrey every week. OR it could be they are trying to force more money out of Sheri. If they threaten to take her kids, she'll pay the money. Maybe that's what it's really about.
    She isn't the first working mum of a special needs child, and its obvious she loves him. I guess I will wait and see
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #10594
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: The View

    I just finished watching Barbara's final two shows. I absolutely loved the way they did the final two segments! Oprah and the women who are where they are because of Barbara was fantastic. Watching the parade of them made me proud to be a woman. It had Oprahs fingerprints all over it, and reminded me of the Morehouse men parade at her farewell. Well done!
    Debb70 and kireelady like this.

  5. #10595
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,914

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I just finished watching Barbara's final two shows. I absolutely loved the way they did the final two segments! Oprah and the women who are where they are because of Barbara was fantastic. Watching the parade of them made me proud to be a woman. It had Oprahs fingerprints all over it, and reminded me of the Morehouse men parade at her farewell. Well done!
    It was very well done. I think she deserved that as well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #10596
    FORT Fanatic awesomekina23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    639

    Re: The View

    I'm not sure what to make of this custody drama with Sherri but if it means she leaves the show, I can't say I'd be too disappointed. I know that sounds awful but she is just dead weight.

    I have to say that I miss Rosie on this show. She's not everyone's cup of tea but I've always liked her.

  7. #10597
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: The View

    I don't usually watch The View, but I decided to catch the last couple of shows. That was an interesting interaction when Sherri called Mrs. Clinton Hillary, and Barbra corrected her, which totally embarrassed Sherri. The part I thought was interesting was the way that Barbara tried to take back what she'd done and make Sherri feel less embarrassed, both through non-verbal (stroking Sherri's hand) actions and saying something like "I actually want to call her Hillary, too." In spite of her brusqueness, I think there is a genuine affection there.

    That parade of women who had followed in her footsteps was very touching. It was wonderful to see so many faces that aren't on the air regularly anymore.
    bee stung lips and Debb70 like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  8. #10598
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,694

    Re: The View

    Rats! I wish I had seen Barbara correcting Sherri!!! One of my pet peeves is how casual we have become, in this country, when addressing certain people. I, especially, get annoyed with people teaching their children that it is OK to call their elders by their first names, without the the elders' permission.

    I also understand that that's the southern girl/Catholic school girl coming out in me. I am sooo grateful for that training!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #10599
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,876

    Re: The View

    Hell, I admit to tearing up and getting all goosebumpy yesterday when the parade of anchorwomen came on stage for Babs. It was quite a lovely sight to see. Only one I don't remember seeing was Katie Couric-- or maybe I missed her. Was she there?

    Regarding Sherri calling Hilary by her first name, I agree with Babs correcting Sherri. I notice many people also addressing the current first lady as Michelle, and find it all to be rather rude and disrespectful.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    prhoshay and Debb70 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  10. #10600
    FORT Fogey tinderbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,278

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Hell, I admit to tearing up and getting all goosebumpy yesterday when the parade of anchorwomen came on stage for Babs. It was quite a lovely sight to see. Only one I don't remember seeing was Katie Couric-- or maybe I missed her. Was she there?

    Regarding Sherri calling Hilary by her first name, I agree with Babs correcting Sherri. I notice many people also addressing the current first lady as Michelle, and find it all to be rather rude and disrespectful.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Yes. Katie Couric was there.

    I totally agree that Sherri shouldn't have referred to Mrs. Clinton as Hilary BUT it was just as rude and inconsiderate for Barbara to correct her while on the air. That was a teaching moment, for sure, but I think Barbara should have discussed it with Sherri after the show.
    Miss_Griss and bee stung lips like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.