+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I guess we can't link other sites, but I just saw an article that said according to "sources," (I hate that -- what sources?) the whole marriage was built on a fraud because Sal had promised her a certain level of "success" but didn't follow through ... whatever that means, but sounds like maybe he wasn't contributing financially, at least not according to her expectations. Anyway, it said she threw him out and that he misses Jeffrey.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Wow! I'm...shocked! I figured he cheated on her and she was giving him the heave ho. Wrong!
    Oh, I wouldn't assume he didn't. There are several gossip blogs talking about how he went on "business trips" when he doesn't have a job. I think she just got tired of his cheating and lack of ambition.

I can't say I blame him, although I wonder why he married her in the first place. Ten minutes in a room with her and I would have been climbing the walls.
    Uncle David likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Maybe he knew a meal ticket when he saw one, plus I can definitely see her being the aggressor pushing for marriage if he agreed with her religious views and was good to her child.
    babyfat101 likes this.

The main thing with Sherri that always bothered me was the lack of boundaries with Jeffery. The stories she's told about him looking at and talking about her bare breasts...and he wasn't breast feeding. It's just creepy to me. The husband should be the only person observing and discussing the bare breasts, not the child. I just think that Sherri is too entwined with Jeffery. It doesn't seem healthy and yes, I get that he' special needs and they have been a team since he was born prematurely. Still, she seems to lack appropriate boundaries with him, IMO. I can see how that would create an enormous challenge for her husband.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Poor Sherri. As crazy as she can drive me, I am really sad for her. If there were ever a time that she needed her mother, it is NOW.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I'm going to repeat what I said upthread... No wonder Sherri's been beyond obnoxious, for about six months, on The View.
    Sherri's been obnoxious from the beginning. For a comedienne, I don't find her funny at all and I hate when she talks about her son all the time. She's quite dumb too. It's sad that I could tolerate Elisabeth Hasselbeck over her.

The only one that I like at this point is Whoopi. Jenny and Sherri can go.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hasselbeck
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post
    Sherri's been obnoxious from the beginning. For a comedienne, I don't find her funny at all and I hate when she talks about her son all the time. She's quite dumb too. It's sad that I could tolerate Elisabeth Hasselbeck over her.

The only one that I like at this point is Whoopi. Jenny and Sherri can go.
    That's exactly how I felt/feel I didn't always agree with Elizabeth, but she could at least make her point!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I love how they don't even care anymore.

Whoopi: Barbara, there have been bigger things in your mouth.
    Sherri: Your mouth is always being used!
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post
    I love how they don't even care anymore.

Whoopi: Barbara, there have been bigger things in your mouth.
    Sherri: Your mouth is always being used!
    LMAO....I didin't see the show today. So was this the direction of conversation today? Lordy, old Babs must have turned five different shades of red on that one.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread