Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

She is on the same diet Sherri is on
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I wish Sherri would go on the disappearing diet...the one where she disappears from my TV screen....for good. I wish she'd leave with Barbara...she really has become a pointless unintelligent waste of space.
    tinderbox and Imperfect1 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I wish Sherri would go on the disappearing diet...the one where she disappears from my TV screen....for good. I wish she'd leave with Barbara...she really has become a pointless unintelligent waste of space.
    She wont stop yelling or screaming. I watched today as Chris Harrison was on, I muted her so many times, after 30 mins I turned it off
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sen. Elizabeth Warren is an super-impressive woman. I think she would make a fabulous president, but I wouldn't want her running against Hillary Clinton.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I think Sherri has fallen victim to what many reality show stars do. She came on the show as herself. Over time, the public developed a "character" image of her. Now, she's aware of that public "character" and is overemphasizing characteristics that she think fit that image. She's being herself, but overdoing herself at the same time.

I think her ridiculousness comes from what she considers her comedic side. That side of her seldom works for me. If I knew her personally, I think she would quickly get on my nerves.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think her ridiculousness comes from what she considers her comedic side. That side of her seldom works for me. If I knew her personally, I think she would quickly get on my nerves.
    I first saw Sherri on BET Comic View years ago...I used to watch it all the time. That's where I first saw other comedians like Cedric The Entertainer, Sheryl Underwood (now on The Talk), Steve Harvey and others. I didn't think Sherri was all that funny back then and she sure isn't funny now.

I agree...she uses her comedic side often on The View, to express her opinions, feelings on subjects, etc. But I don't think she's a naturally funny comedian and it just comes off as irritating more than anything.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Which diet is Sherri on? Whoopi is on it too? I'm surprised. I'm always amazed when I hear an adult talk about how they don't like vegetables and fruits and how they only eat select foods like fries and beef. I've heard Whoopi say things like that before. It reminded of a child's diet.

It's the eye-rolling/bucking, the "home girl lingo", the yelling.....it all just wears thin. It's almost minstrel show-ish. I just don't get it.
    tinderbox likes this.

FORT Fogey

Sherri had been doing a diet designed by Rocco DiSpirito. He was cooking all her meals for her, based on his "lose a pound a day" diet book. From what I understand, his approach is basically to use a lot of obscure ingredients for making common foods that makes them healthier and fewer calories. So if like Sherri you can hire him to cook for you, or if you have the time to go to obscure groceries to hunt down rare ingredients in order to make your own home made pasta etc, it's a great option. For other people -- it's a reason for Rocco to go on TV and declare he's awesome.

+ Reply to Thread