+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1557Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    They asked if anyone thought Kim Novak should have just opted out of the Oscars and let people remember her when she was beautiful!!! WTH is wrong with these women? Denigrating someone because they are aging just supports the idea that women over a certain age are invisible, or should be invisible. Youth and beauty aren't the only purposeful thing in life...
    I suspect they were referring to her very drastic plastic surgery. I agree with your comment if someone is aging gracefully, but Novak has had crazy surgery on her face and looks like The Joker. She def needs or needed a true friend to tell her to STOP jacking with her face.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    I suspect they were referring to her very drastic plastic surgery. I agree with your comment if someone is aging gracefully, but Novak has had crazy surgery on her face and looks like The Joker. She def needs or needed a true friend to tell her to STOP jacking with her face.
    Yes, it was pretty sad how Kim Novak has wound up looking. Maybe she will serve as a warning to all the celebs who keep getting work done as to what can happen. Apparently some of the celebrity plastic surgeons do a lot better work than others. I didn't see the discussion about this on The View. If Barbara was there, did she really have the nerve to criticize Kim Novak? Babs has had more work done than most other celebs her age with the possible exception of Joan Rivers. She's lucky that she doesn't look weird, although it's weird enough for an 80-year-old woman to have no wrinkles or sags.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    I was disgusted yesterday when they were talking about the Oscars. They asked if anyone thought Kim Novak should have just opted out of the Oscars and let people remember her when she was beautiful!!! WTH is wrong with these women? Denigrating someone because they are aging just supports the idea that women over a certain age are invisible, or should be invisible. Youth and beauty aren't the only purposeful thing in life, most of us have much more to contribute to society as we grow older. The women on the View need mirrors.
    It was Barbara who had the audacity to ask the question. Ironic, since I would have liked to remember Barbara for all the wonderful accomplishments she had, but will now only remember her for being a doddering fool. (stole that word from Prhoshay--thanks Shay!)
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Barbara has always been big on putting emphasis on beauty. That has always annoyed me, about her. Must she always go to the superficial? I think it's tacky and shallow. Looks are the most transient things we have, and I find constantly talking about them tasteless....just like her STOOOPID earrings!!!

Have you ever noticed that, on competition shows, when it's time for the judges to judge a person that, if they lead off talking about looks and clothes, that person is being let cut. I've never seen it fail.
    elleprn likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rachel Campos-Duffy being so far up Sarah Palin's arse. I liked Whoop calling her out. Sarah is an idiot....pure and simple.
    GabbyG likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Campos-Duffy.....go back to where you came from. She is a screamer....just like Jenny....just like Sherri. I am soooo not impressed with her.

Keep ripping her, Whoopi!!!! Even BW had to call her out and tell her to shut up.

She is just what the Republicans love. It's really kind of sad.
    combatcutie likes this.

I think its nice to have someone that isn't a **yes guest**, which babs and whoppie like I don't agree with her, but at least its not pablum for adults
    tinderbox likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think it's kind of akward every time Rachel is brought on as a guest host, because at this point everyone knows she almost got cast when Elisabeth was added to the show. So she's constatly coming back to the job she wasn't quite good enough for. I think it creates in her a mindset of "I need to show them why they made a mistake" and so she tries too hard. And at times, I think that Barbara feels a need to show why they didn't make a mistake, and may be less welcoming to her than other guest hosts. She needs to just quit saying yes to coming on.
    tinderbox likes this.

I think Barbara is beyond rude to Rachel and Whoopi is in the edge of being rude. They should remember that Rachel is a "guest" on their show and treat her accordingly.

I don't necessarily agree with Rachel's political views but their attitudes do push her to try too hard so we're stuck watching folks with their dukes up....all the time.

I HATE how they always talk over each other. I've been watching The Talk and I must admit to liking how that panel rarely, if ever, do that. They make it a point to go around the table so each woman voices her opinion on the subject matter. Sooooo much easier on the viewer!

FORT Fogey

The cross talk is a tricky thing. You're right that they do less of it on The Talk. But I have to admit when I watch that show, their discussions usually feel very planned and orchestrated to me. I get the impression that in produciton meetings they say "we are going to talk about X subject. Sharon will make the first comment, then Sarah will disagree, Aisha will take Sharon's side, and then Julie will wrap it up". With The View, they may battle for position a lot, but it at least feels like a genuine discussion where people make points, they are listened to and responded to. There's pros and cons to both.
    tinderbox likes this.

+ Reply to Thread