+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Did anyone see yesterdays show? I missed it, but read about it today. Now I need to find it online. From what I read, Elizabeth Vargas was on talking about her recovery from alcoholism. She talked about working so hard to hide it from everyone she worked with, and apparently Barbara blurted out "we all knew". Ugly moment for everyone on the couch!
    Are you serious? As I said upthread.... May can't come soon enough.

Speaking of which, I'm surprised they haven't begun their salutes, high fives, walks down memory lane, and good-byes to Babs yet.
    prhoshay likes this.

Is Rosie coming back as a regular View gal? I hope so. She speaks her mind & doesn't back down. Sometimes this can get a little irritating, but that keeps the show interesting & lively. A bunch of agreeing & Politically Correct sucking up gets boring. The show needs people with opinions that just don't always mesh with the others.

Since Barbara is leaving, I'd like to see Rosie as her replacement, but I doubt Barbara would allow that.
    Could you imagine Rosie taking over as the authority figure? Barbara would have a stroke.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Did anyone see yesterdays show? I missed it, but read about it today. Now I need to find it online. From what I read, Elizabeth Vargas was on talking about her recovery from alcoholism. She talked about working so hard to hide it from everyone she worked with, and apparently Barbara blurted out "we all knew". Ugly moment for everyone on the couch!
    Barbara, the usual annoying person that she is, just disturbs me. I think VIEWERSHIP will go UP once SHE IS GONE, starting with me. I do not watch as I cannot stomach her at all.

I watched 20/20 a few weeks when Elizabeth made her come back to the show. She talked about her alcoholism in one entire segment. NO ONE KNEW.

EV decided all on her own to put herself into rehab. She stated she had an amazing way of being able to drink, work in media and have a family life. EV decided on her own to seek help. PERIOD.

BARBARA YOU ARE A JERK.

Barbara Walters Apologized to Elizabeth Vargas After Alcoholism Remark - Us Weekly
    JunkieGirl and AlwaysVeg like this.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I watched the segment with Elizabeth on line. It was bad, but not as bad as I'd imagined after reading about it. I think that Elizabeth believed no one knew about her drinking, but that doesn't mean it's true. I've known women who tried really hard to hide alcoholism. Many including me knew, but you can't always get that across. I think what was awkward in what Barbara said was that she was crossing over a circle of trust. When coworkers come on the show they tend to draw a line of what private things you leave out. Barbara didn't, and all the cohosts knew it. I wonder if they'll watch what they say backstage for fear she will blurt it out. About Rosie, I hope she doesn't come back! It was fun to see and hear her for a day. But I don't need it to be a regular thing.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Barbara, the usual annoying person that she is, just disturbs me. I think VIEWERSHIP will go UP once SHE IS GONE, starting with me. I do not watch as I cannot stomach her at all.

I watched 20/20 a few weeks when Elizabeth made her come back to the show. She talked about her alcoholism in one entire segment. NO ONE KNEW.

EV decided all on her own to put herself into rehab. She stated she had an amazing way of being able to drink, work in media and have a family life. EV decided on her own to seek help. PERIOD.

BARBARA YOU ARE A JERK.

Barbara Walters Apologized to Elizabeth Vargas After Alcoholism Remark - Us Weekly
    "I love Elizabeth and have great admiration for her," the View host told the New York Post's Page Six. "I never would have deliberately said anything to hurt her, and I called to tell her that."
    Why does Barbara think that by saying I love ________ that it makes what she says not insulting? Guess what lady? Everyone at ABC knows that you are a blathering maroon who has outlived your best before date and that when they are whispering behind your back that it's not how wonderful you are?
    combatcutie and momrek06 like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

One of Barbara's biggest flaws is her huge ego. She LOVES to be the only person in the room who is "in the know" and she simply cannot keep the information to herself. She either implies or actually blurts out the "secret" information at the drop of the hat without much or any prodding. I don't think a person like that can be trusted. I would never chose BW to be my friend.

Another huge personality flaw of hers is the constant name dropping. She's been doing it for years.

edited to add:

BW is an old woman and her flaws are magnified. I suppose I should cut her some slack. We're all going to get old one day....hopefully.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 02-08-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love it when you can hear he exasperation in Whoopi's voice when BW has run over the top of her and she yields the floor to her. Whoop's frustration is mega-obvious.

I still think that when the old biddy leaves, she'll take the show with her. I really think the end's in sight. It might be worth it just to get rid of her. They've gone to suckville, anyway....except for today when Rosie came back and reminded me of this show once was, until it devolved into ,mainly, celebrity garbage.

I've got to give it Whoopi for her level of respect, while I can see that she wants to bang her head on the table!
    tinderbox and Imperfect1 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Wouldn't you just love to be a fly on Whoopi's wall to hear what she really thinks of all that is going on around her?
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Most definitely!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When is Barbara's last day again?

+ Reply to Thread