+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Barbara Walters defends Woody, ignites Twitter storm

I am so glad somebody picked up on this!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I hope she suffers some severe backlash for her a$$-kissing of the most disgusting kind. Newsflash BW: child molesters are not some troll living under a bridge or in the forest. Until molestation is discovered they are often thought of as nice, kind, generous and not a threat to our children. Every day BW is on this program it is chipping away at her legacy.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

What is even more amazing to me about this is that Barbara's daughter works with abused and at-risk kids! She has a connection and understanding not just as a reporter, but also as a mother who is aware of her daughter's work to understand abusers. She should know better than to promote such a naive way of thinking. And if she doesn't, then she should quit insulting my intelligence by insisting on explaining the most basic of concepts from the news to the audience before they are discussed.
    anders332 and Baby's Breath like this.

FORT Fogey

With any luck, maybe Barbara's daughter will have her committed! She acts more off the rails every time she's on the show.

FORT Fogey

I just watched the Woody Allen discussion for myself. Sherri was at her best. She put forward such a strong, coherent point to stand up yo Barbara. Barbara may have made a fool of herself, but Sherri showed how far she's come since the days when she was afraid to say whether or not the world was flat.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I just watched the Woody Allen discussion for myself. Sherri was at her best. She put forward such a strong, coherent point to stand up yo Barbara. Barbara may have made a fool of herself, but Sherri showed how far she's come since the days when she was afraid to say whether or not the world was flat.
    Sherri usually drives me crazy with her recent propensity for yammering. She's found some sort of inner freedom to speak, which is a 180 from when she began on the show, but tends to push her point over and over again to the point of annoyance. BUT, this time, I give her credit because she was going up against her boss and wouldn't back down. (Also, I totally agreed with her.)

BW retires in May. Can it come soon enough??
    combatcutie likes this.

Rosie came in AND TOOK OVER!!!! BW can't hardly get a word in. I LOVE IT!!! Rosie just rolled!!

I do miss her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OMG! I tuned in today, which I rarely do, to see Rosie's return. She was so funny! I think she was a hit with the live audience. And you're right. Barbara couldn't get a word in.

I hope she come backs again......Oh, she's still there for hot topics.
    She's siding with Mia Farrow, but I disagree with her on that one. She admits she's been friends with Mia for a long time, plus, she's a victim of sexual abuse herself, so I can understand why she feels that way.

Man, Rosie almost bit the bullet with her heart attack. I had no idea just how serious it was.
    Last edited by Debb70; 02-07-2014 at 12:53 PM.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

They almost got back on the topic of Dylan's alleged molestation (I am more on HER side than not) but BW shut that down; Rosie said that they could edit it out....BW said "No, we don't edit anything out; that's why it's called The View," and they moved on. They may not edit out, but BW just shuts it totally down if it's something that she doesn't want to talk about it. BW can't compete with Rosie, so she chooses to exercise full shut-down power....which is BS. See it HER way or it won't be discussed past a word or 2, and the show will move on. I am sure Sherri felt vindicated, especially when Rosie used the same words that Sherri had used!
    Imperfect1 and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

Did anyone see yesterdays show? I missed it, but read about it today. Now I need to find it online. From what I read, Elizabeth Vargas was on talking about her recovery from alcoholism. She talked about working so hard to hide it from everyone she worked with, and apparently Barbara blurted out "we all knew". Ugly moment for everyone on the couch!

+ Reply to Thread