+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I agree with you Fanny Mare. I'm kind of curious to see how her appearance goes. Elisabeth may be gone, but people who are very loyal to her, like Sherri, are still there. The show has moved on a great deal since she left. I don't think she deserves a major reception back like Meredith or Joy would warrant. She was only there for a year. But I'd guess she'll demand one.In many ways, she's always come across to me as someone who was very quick to keep track of everything another person has ever done to slight her, and can list them all off quickly if needed. But she doesn't seem willing to be held accountable for hte times that she's slighted others, instead expecting them to accept a host of reasons why she's not really responsible for the things she's done. As for her money - I think with anyone, what we see from the outside with finances is questionable. There are very wealthy people who work and work giving the impression they need money when in truth they have it and just work. There are other people who live lives that give the impression they have a lot of money, but are in debt to create the illusion. Who knows the truth with Rosie or anyone else. Honestly, I think she would be working today, except she's so extremely difficult to work with, and so vindictive when things don't work out, that people are scared to partner with her.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Yeah, I can see how people would be scared to work with Rosie, but apparently the job that Oprah gave her ended due to low ratings and no real blow ups. She has mental health issues and has explained that and how it made her act out so much. And she's apologized to those she went off on, including Barbara. If they are okay with it, then I'm okay with it. I became a fan of Rosie's when she had her first show, so I can tolerate more. I still like her.
    Florimel and GabbyG like this.

FORT Fogey

I think the best work she's done has been producing the documentaries she did. The first one, with the gay families on the cruise, was fantastic. There's a way there for her to use her celebrity and her voice, but still have others giving input to keep her in check, that works. When she's the lone voice (or loudest voice on a panel) that people are listening to, I think she starts to get too self-indulgent. She likes it, her audience likes her, so she expects them to fall in line. If you don't, you're in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think the best work she's done has been producing the documentaries she did. The first one, with the gay families on the cruise, was fantastic. There's a way there for her to use her celebrity and her voice, but still have others giving input to keep her in check, that works. When she's the lone voice (or loudest voice on a panel) that people are listening to, I think she starts to get too self-indulgent. She likes it, her audience likes her, so she expects them to fall in line. If you don't, you're in trouble.
    That's the part I don't like..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Poor Jay Mohr was a fish out of water today. The ladies were all excited and screaming over each other after The Grammys last night. He said very little today. The last time he was on, he was a good cohost and he was funny. I'm sure he'll find his feet soon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Jenny's necklace, today, I'm in love with it! Sherri's earrings really work for me, too. I've got jewelry issues and I, admittedly, probably need a 12-step program.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

BW kind of got snakish, venom and all, defending Woody Allen today. She really went after Sherri because Sherri put the "Well...maybe..." out there. Sherri's point was that you never really know what goes on behind closed doors, and BW seemed just about ready to fight.....if you can imagine that.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    BW kind of got snakish, venom and all, defending Woody Allen today. She really went after Sherri because Sherri put the "Well...maybe..." out there. Sherri's point was that you never really know what goes on behind closed doors, and BW seemed just about ready to fight.....if you can imagine that.
    Yes because god forbid someone badmouth Woody on the View and kill BWs chances of ever having him on one of her tacky-ass "Most Fascinating People" shows...seriously, that woman is so self-promoting its downright sickening. Pfft!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    AZChristian and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I think Barbara's defense of the man is FAR more self-serving than dreams of booking an interview. I think she is so wrapped up in being accepted in the center of New York's social scene that she can't dare do anything to risk that. I think it's a sad commentary that protecting Woody is a requirement of said social scene. But it's clear that it is, and nothing would bring greater tragedy to Barbara's world than to not be invited to the best parties where she and her friends can move food around on a plate they never eat from.

Talking about the moving around of the food on the plate and not eating it, still being a huge fan of The Sopranos, I noticed that they did a lot of that on that show. They clink their forks, keep activity going and, only the rare time do they take food to their mouths. Of course, they could not pull that off with a sandwich, which usually only the male actors were eating.

+ Reply to Thread