+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1517Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

So glad that Disney week is over. Time to get back to our regular tedium.

Watched Whoopi's Jackie "Moms" Mabley production. It was fascinating. I was expecting to see Whoop doing her take-off on "Moms", but it was a documentary about the woman's life and career. I remember my mother having a "Moms" Mabley album, when I was in grade school. I got a real kick out of it, even then. What I was surprise to learn was that "Moms" was, actually, gay, but that that word was never used because she was just "Moms". When "Moms" took off her drag, after her shows, she'd put on silk shirts and suits, and she looked exactly like a well-dressed man! She like YOUNG women! She was also a frequent visitor to the White House. It was absolutely fascinating and worth watching!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I don't have HBO, dang. I looked her up online. She had 6 kids not including the 2 that were given up for adoption when she was a teen! Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't have HBO, dang. I looked her up online. She had 6 kids not including the 2 that were given up for adoption when she was a teen! Wow.
    The article I saw said that the six kids included the two given up for adoption.

I remember her from The Smothers Brothers show, but it's interesting to learn more about her.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I can't believe that Barbara stole Thalia's (whoever she is) moment to talk about getting her star on the Walk of Fame (is that what it's called?). Barbara just HAD to butt in, run over the top of the woman, and start talking about HER star. BW is one offensive waste of space who has overstayed her welcome.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I can't believe that Barbara stole Thalia's (whoever she is) moment to talk about getting her star on the Walk of Fame (is that what it's called?). Barbara just HAD to butt in, run over the top of the woman, and start talking about HER star. BW is one offensive waste of space who has overstayed her welcome.
    Frankly I find her to be one of the most offensive people on TV. I would not want to be in Sherri, Whoopi or Jenny's shoes for all the money in the world. I'm the type of person who gets very easily annoyed and if I had to work with BW and her spotlight hogging, braggadocios, self-centered, rude behavior I'd have told her off a long time ago, and probably on the air no less.

She's a complete moron.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I suspect that Whoopi self-medicates right before the show to be able to put up with Barbara. Sherri and Jenny are a$$-kissers who would go along with anything to keep their jobs.

I completely agree with your second sentence!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I suspect that Whoopi self-medicates right before the show to be able to put up with Barbara. Sherri and Jenny are a$$-kissers who would go along with anything to keep their jobs.
    I doubt she smokes before the show because she really has to be quick and focused. After is another story!

The decision for Barbara to retire was probably not all her own. I do think it was an executive desision that was approached very carefully. She is not the powerful woman she thinks she is. Her guest suck up to her to the point of nausea and I have no idea why they do this. Everyone knows she is a has been and never really held the power everyone gave her.

I bet we will see her take many more days off as her end date approaches. Bill (producer) deserves and award.

Toni Braxton was guest co-host today, and other than what little she said at the beginning of the show and singing with Kenny Edmonds at the end she was, basically, silent. I think she must have been waylaid by all of the cross-talk....and they basically, ignored her.

And, Mr. Edmonds.....with ALL OF HIS MONEY....was wearing suit jacket that fit across his round belly like a sausage casing! Why has his ladylove let him keep that thing in his wardrobe??? He was sitting on a stool, singing, and the fabric was pulling at the buttons!! I love this man and his talents....I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!

I didn't see the man in the sausage casing jacket, but I see them all the time. I have noticed that over the last year or two most all men wear their jackets VERY snug. Two sizes too small if you ask me. I figured it was the style. lol

+ Reply to Thread