+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I watched it and thought the same thing Deb. It seemed like both of them were working REALLY hard to convince the audience that they are in love. They were trying so hard that I'm guessing that within the year, probably less time, they'll be broken up. To me, people who are truly in love and truly happy together don't feel the need to show others how in love they are - having each other is enough.
    EXACTLY!! You took the words right out of my mouth. It just looked like they were trying too hard. But then again, anything Jenny does she tries way too hard and makes a spectacle of herself
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    EXACTLY!! You took the words right out of my mouth. It just looked like they were trying too hard. But then again, anything Jenny does she tries way too hard and makes a spectacle of herself
    I wonder who chose her for this show? and why?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

It seems like this season the show is ALOT less political. Even in times when politics is front and center of what is going on, they will talk about pop culture and sort of mention current events. So maybe they made a specific choice to get away from being a show centered on political bickering, and figured Jenny would help them get away from intelligent discussions.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    It seems like this season the show is ALOT less political. Even in times when politics is front and center of what is going on, they will talk about pop culture and sort of mention current events. So maybe they made a specific choice to get away from being a show centered on political bickering, and figured Jenny would help them get away from intelligent discussions.
    Yes, it does seem like it is a concious decision to stay away from politics and good idea! It was never an intelligent discussion. It amounted to everyone stating what they thought in hopes of the other side seeing their point. And that is the same no matter what show you watch. It bores me to death.
    Florimel and AcookerTV like this.

But its even more boring now
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Ugh, and Jenny makes another spectacle of herself today by showing up in a wonder woman costume I just don't understand what they were thinking when they decided she was going to be the one to take Elizabeth's place
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I miss Joy a lot and as much as I could not stomach Elisabeth...she was easier to take than Jenny. What was Babs thinking when she hired JM to be a permanent host on this show?

This group doesn't gel...at all. In fact, they're uncomfortable to watch.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

What is she dressed up as now with that curly wig? Olivia Newton-John circa "Grease"?? What a ditz! She seemed to be way more intelligent when I used to see her as a guest on other shows. She could actually talk about serious topics, but now she just acts the fool.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Gawd I'm so sick of Jenny and Donny gushing all over each other on national TV it isn't even funny. It's always those who make the biggest display of their affection for each other whose relationships end up on trash heap. Angelina and Billy Bob anyone??
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

The chemistry is certainly odd. I wish they'd name another permanent co-host, and make it someone that comes from the "older,wiser" crowd. Sherri used to come across to me as having two sides -- one that was silly and enjoyed acting dumb in the name of fun, and one that was trying to become the woman she strives to be. Jenny seems to pull out the silly / dumb / fun side from her exclusively. At the same time, Whoopi has always come across to me as someone who doesn't really care for women who act dumb and silly in order to get attention or be liked, and who sees the damage women can do to feminism by behaving this way. So she comes across as being annoyed and uninterested in Sherri and Jenny. While all this is going on, Barbara has no idea any of it is happening, lost in her own thoughts in her mind remembering the times when she was the only woman in broadcasting, and thinking everyone still sees her like that. As a result, thre's virtually no chemistry or connection among them. I had thought they may have dropped the politics in response to success of The Talk. If that's the case, they clearly didn't pick up on the need for chemistry and friendship to make a women's talking panel a success.
    combatcutie and AlwaysVeg like this.

+ Reply to Thread