+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1635Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Did anyone else hear that Jenny might be getting fired, due to the show's low ratings?
    No, but it wouldn't surprise me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Did anyone else hear that Jenny might be getting fired, due to the show's low ratings?
    Well Babs made it a point today at the beginning of the show to tell her that she is glad Jenny is there and really a shining star to the show
    momrek06 likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Well Babs made it a point today at the beginning of the show to tell her that she is glad Jenny is there and really a shining star to the show
    She has been pimping Jenny from day one. I don't think its working
    -Andy Rooney-

Double
    combatcutie likes this.
    KAREN

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

That's only because it was all over the entertainmnet shows last night that Jenny was getting fired. Apparently a spokesperson for the show that there is "no truth to that rumour whatsoever". Hmm...I seem to recall a spokesperson for the show making that same sort of statement when the rumours about Elizabeth's firing started some months ago. Low and behold, they then announced Elizabeth was leaving the View. So the spokesperson's statements don't mean anything as far as I'm concerned.

Even if they don't fire Jenny right away, I think it's a pretty safe bet she won't be coming back, that's if the show actually even comes back.
    elleprn and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

BW thinks she smarter than all of us and I hate that about her! The harder she tries to maintain control of the show and the gossip about it... the more transparent she becomes. JM isn't long for The View IF Babs and Bill can get around her contract. BW and Bill Getty absolutely pay attention to polls. Look what happened to former panel members when their popularity fell.
    bee stung lips likes this.

FORT Fogey

That's only because it was all over the entertainmnet shows last night that Jenny was getting fired. Apparently a spokesperson for the show that there is "no truth to that rumour whatsoever". Hmm...I seem to recall a spokesperson for the show making that same sort of statement when the rumours about Elizabeth's firing started some months ago. Low and behold, they then announced Elizabeth was leaving the View. So the spokesperson's statements don't mean anything as far as I'm concerned.

Even if they don't fire Jenny right away, I think it's a pretty safe bet she won't be coming back, that's if the show actually even comes back.
    Seems from past events that whenever Barbara makes superficially supportive statements like that, it's a sign and a signal that the opposite is true. She can't stand for any rumors of the truth to come out before she makes the announcement. It's the Barbara Walters Kiss of Death ... like when Michael Corleone kissed his brother Fredo and the next thing you know, Fredo was sleeping with the fishes!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Seems from past events that whenever Barbara makes superficially supportive statements like that, it's a sign and a signal that the opposite is true. She can't stand for any rumors of the truth to come out before she makes the announcement. It's the Barbara Walters Kiss of Death ... like when Michael Corleone kissed his brother Fredo and the next thing you know, Fredo was sleeping with the fishes!
    This exactly!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I just read it all online. Plus some not so nice thing JM did for money for spring break. I cannot take to her, and in the poll I saw neither could 65%of the viewers
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

There are two things that annoy me when Barbara makes a statement like she did today supporting Jenny. First, as several of you have already said, they almost always turn out to be false. Second, it seems like a declaration that the viewers are not smart enough to form an opinion, and they'll straighten out when Barbara tells them what to think. The gossip is buzzing about Jenny right now because viewers don't like her. The viewers opinion matters, since we can easily decide not to watch (and I have quite a bit recently). Barbara talking like that comes across to me as her saying "No no no ACooker, you're wrong. Jenny is delightful. Now keep on watching her, and enjoy her because I said so". Barbara should know by now that if she doesn't respect the audience, she will lose the audience.

+ Reply to Thread