+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I've been finding Brooke much more fun and animated on her Today show gigs. She plays well off Willie Geist, Natalie Morales and Al Roker, so I think she could do well as a View co-host with other sharp and congenial co-hosts not under the domination of Barbara.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Ugh, I seriously cannot believe they chose Jenny. I was hoping I'd be able to tolerate her, but as the days go by, she is more and more annoying. She has to make everything about her and draw attention to herself at all times. As guests come out (today was Kelly Clarkson) after she hugs them, she dances around like a fool. This show has really become a joke
    prhoshay likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

This morning I was listening to Oprah Radio on XM, nd they were playing an old episode of Oprah's show where Jenny was promoting her book. Oprah asked her how important it was to her to be viewed as sexy, and she said not at all, going on to talk about how that mattered to her in her 20s, but not now. I thought about the way she went so far out of her way to emphasize that for her first day on The View with Donnie, and how the segments they do now at her request are about sex. Then I wondered if she's changed her mind, or is just that dishonest with herself.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

John Legend is just delicious! Thank goodness looks and listens are free!
    AmyKay likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm still trying to figure out why Whoopi and Jenny are impressed how Kanye bragged to Kimmel about what a genius he is. This is one time that Sherri was right on point. She said he should let it shine and not constantly tell people. Thanks, Sherri.
    combatcutie, AmyKay and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I've been finding Brooke much more fun and animated on her Today show gigs. She plays well off Willie Geist, Natalie Morales and Al Roker, so I think she could do well as a View co-host with other sharp and congenial co-hosts not under the domination of Barbara.
    I agree that she is very good on Today. I would like to see them add her to their staff. They just might be thinking of that. The View is not the right fit for her. When allowed to speak without interruption she shines. The View is one big series of sound bites unless Babs raises her zombie hands to silence the others.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I agree that she is very good on Today. I would like to see them add her to their staff. They just might be thinking of that. The View is not the right fit for her. When allowed to speak without interruption she shines. The View is one big series of sound bites unless Babs raises her zombie hands to silence the others.
    "Zombie hands" -- that's hilarious! And an accurate description! The "host chats" on the Today Show when they do quick commentary on a variety of somewhat frivolous current topics is not too different than The View, with one notable exception. On Today, the hosts are all smart, clever, articulate, and let each other speak.

Is it Me? I turned on the view this AM & thought that everytime they had a shot of Barbara there was a filter on the camera. I have HD & everyone else's shot was clear as a bell! Everytime the camera was on Barbara, it was fuzzy. Maybe it is time for her to retire.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

What went on today? I was channel surfing and caught the tail end of Barbara dressing down Jenny McCarthy for an anti-semitic statement. If Barbara was offended why not say so? Instead she said something along the lines of "some people might be offended" I'm glad she did say something, but the way she went about it, on and on was certainly uncomfortable. Apparently the rumours are running rampant that Jenny might be leaving already. She's polling lower than Elizabeth H in terms of popularity. That's pretty bad. LOL
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    What went on today? I was channel surfing and caught the tail end of Barbara dressing down Jenny McCarthy for an anti-semitic statement. If Barbara was offended why not say so? Instead she said something along the lines of "some people might be offended" I'm glad she did say something, but the way she went about it, on and on was certainly uncomfortable. Apparently the rumours are running rampant that Jenny might be leaving already. She's polling lower than Elizabeth H in terms of popularity. That's pretty bad. LOL
    They should yank the show .
    Shoepie and momrek06 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread