+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Jason Biggs is the guest co-host all week?? Why?

Their new segment with Barbara doing an interview with someone whose face can't be revealed is just weird. I feel sorry for the woman who was forced by her "boyfriend" to be a sex slave, but I wish Barbara (a master interviewer, by her own definition) had asked her why she could get her parents into Italy to take her home when she became ill but not for all the months before that. If her boyfriend controlled the police and threatened to kill her family, what made it safe at that point but not before when he first enslaved her?

Anyway, I did enjoy seeing James Spader.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Jason Biggs is the guest co-host all week?? Why?

Their new segment with Barbara doing an interview with someone whose identity can't be revealed is just weird. I feel sorry for the woman who was forced by her "boyfriend" to be a sex slave, but I wish Barbara (a master interviewer, by her own definition) had asked her why she could get her parents into Italy to take her home when she became ill but not for all the months before that. If her boyfriend controlled the police and threatened to kill her family, what made it safe at that point but not before when he first enslaved her?

Anyway, I did enjoy seeing James Spader.
    That's why I recorded it, I am all about James Spader
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Still cannot stand Jenny McCarthy on this show. Poor choice IMO. The only reason it is on in our office is for backround noise. If there was another talk show on a different channel, that would be on our tv
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

It's not that I can't stand Jenny McCarthy; it's just that she brings nothing special to the show. I think she was hired because of her reputation for being outspoken and lively, but at the same time I have the feeling she was warned that she had to be part of a team and it was not all about her and her opinions. The result is that she's fairly lackluster on the panel. This show really has no reason to exist anymore. It seems kind of pathetic that they couldn't get anyone more interesting and informed than JM. Either they're suffering from a lack of imagination and focus, or nobody wanted to be part of this trainwreck (at least until Babs leaves).

Jenny was on Wendy Williams recently and she said she jumped at the chance to be on The View. She said it was a relief to be able to buy groceries for her son. I got the feeling it was about the money. When Wendy said she knew they paid big bucks on The View, she said, not for her. So I guess they got her at a good price.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

View better get it together and stop resting on the laurels of yesteryear. The whole idea if talk shows is tired dreck to begin with so these shows have to keep interesting.

Frankly I say they cancel the whole lot of stupid daytime gabfests and bring back all the soap operas and make daytime television worth a damn once again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    View better get it together and stop resting on the laurels of yesteryear. The whole idea if talk shows is tired dreck to begin with so these shows have to keep interesting.

Frankly I say they cancel the whole lot of stupid daytime gabfests and bring back all the soap operas and make daytime television worth a damn once again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Jenny has nothing to offer The View. It's that simple. The odd times its been on, sex is her thing. From a cell phone on vibrate( how old is she 15) to other things .
    prhoshay likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think the problem with Jenny is that she has never come across to me as genuine. She always seems to be playing a part that she thinks people want to see - from sexy vixen to outspoken brash jokester, to dedicated mom. At first her autism crusade seemd sincere to me -- and I do think that comes from a good and caring place. However, even with that, once she realized people were listening to her, she seemed to morph into what she thought people were looking for in a dedicated autism mom. I can get excited about sincere people who I disagree with. That's why I like Whoopi. But I just don't buy the idea that the Jenny we see is genuinely the person she is.
    AmyKay and Shoepie like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never really paid any attention to her; I was aware of the autism connection. There is nothing about her that pulls me into her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've never really paid any attention to her; I was aware of the autism connection. There is nothing about her that pulls me into her.
    That's exactly what I think is the case for most people, so I don't know why they were so eager to hire her (or maybe they weren't - just ran out of options). I'm glad she can buy groceries for her son, though. Too bad she couldn't get Jim Carrey to marry her - she could be collecting alimony. I wish she would stop blabbing about how great her relationship is with Donny Wahlberg and that she deserves someone as great as he is. She's gonna look like a fool when they break up. It's only been a little over two months.
    bee stung lips likes this.

+ Reply to Thread