+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Kellie Gerardi, 24 years old, has submitted her application for a one-way trip to the planet Mars. A group of settlers will be going in 2023 to make Mars habitable. She is quite serious.

So this chick guest hosting, whoever the heck she was, said something to the effect that she wouldn't allow her daughter to go up there because they'd get "gang raped."

I have to hand it to Kellie, she handled the situation amazingly well. While giving this woman every indication that she thought she was a fool, the regulars just fumbled as they tried to back step a way out of the conversation.

If Barbara had any class, she would have immediately dismissed her guest host from the table.

Who was the guest host?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The Miami housewife who was an attorney married to and in practice with her husband attorney.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Fort Member

My son has applied for one way trip to Mars as well. I thought he was joking when he first told me about it, but he was very serious, he is 25 and studying Anthropology so to be involved in the start of colony is just his idea of perfect. The fact that its one way and I may never see him again did not even enter his head, I guess he will have to learn to clean his own bathroom hahaha
    Good on her for putting the host in her place, the assumption that it will turn into some kind of uncivilized Lord of the Flies is just nuts as the majority of people applying are as a nerdy and geeky as my son and science and study are far more important than anything else, plus is she thinking that the place will just be 100;s of men and 1 female? What an idiot
    Baby's Breath likes this.

What a dumb thing to say, but then again- this is The View
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The Miami housewife who was an attorney married to and in practice with her husband attorney.
    Thanks. Never watched any of the housewife shows so I have no clue who she is. Sounds like an idiot, though.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Neither have I, dagwood. That explains why I had no clue who she was.

Lucynda, I'm so glad you posted! While watching the program, I was sitting on my couch thinking to myself, "If I were that child's mother, I'd be so offended!" And basically, that's who you are. I have a science and technology geek of my own, so I completely respect your feelings and I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts.

I don't care how farfetched she thought the idea was, there was no excuse to insinuate something so repugnant. What's even worse is that she had to come to her own defense, while the "ladies of The View" acted like wimps.
    Lucynda likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Kellie Gerardi, 24 years old, has submitted her application for a one-way trip to the planet Mars. A group of settlers will be going in 2023 to make Mars habitable. She is quite serious.

So this chick guest hosting, whoever the heck she was, said something to the effect that she wouldn't allow her daughter to go up there because they'd get "gang raped."
    What an incredibly sexist statement for her to make.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have NO idea what has happened to this show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I saw the start where they said something about Secrets, hmm well The Talk did that already
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread