+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1503Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

It does seem like Whoopi is just waiting something out. I think it's either for her contract to end, or for her to be given more control of the show. I HOPE that it's waiting for more control. If she becomes more of a producer with Barbara gone, I'm excited for where the show could go. If she's just waiting for her contract to end so she can jump ship, and leave them to go for more hype machines and less thought, I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think that Jenny probably does very well reading things, memorizing them, and being able to re-iterate them. But I thnk she's rather weak in critical thinking. When something matters to her, she'll research it and do work to help it. But she's merely accepting points of view that other people have, and accepting them as fact. Because she memorizes well, she gets confidence thinking she's smart. But many people with strong critical thinking skills (like Whoopi) will usually see big holes in what she argues, and he's unable to defend those holes because she doesn't fully understand what she's arguing.
    It's almost like you are describing Elisabeth. lol

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    It does seem like Whoopi is just waiting something out. I think it's either for her contract to end, or for her to be given more control of the show. I HOPE that it's waiting for more control. If she becomes more of a producer with Barbara gone, I'm excited for where the show could go. If she's just waiting for her contract to end so she can jump ship, and leave them to go for more hype machines and less thought, I'm done.
    I think she is waiting for her contract to be up. She likes the freedom to do this show and anything else she wants. I just wish she could read the teleprompter
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why would you give up easy money when you CAN do it AND what she wants, too? Doesn't make sense to me!

Well, of course, unless somebody makes you a RIDICULOU$ offer!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why would you give up easy money when you CAN do it AND what she wants, too? Doesn't make sense to me!

Well, of course, unless somebody makes you a RIDICULOU$ offer!
    I think she is bored with the show/gig, she barely looks at the others, especially Jenny
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm not wild about looking at idiots when they talk, either! I think I am more curious and tuned into brainy people. I don't know for sure, but I think that looking at people who interest you is more a sign of respect and, maybe, looking for a connection. Of course, looking at a dimwit can be a sing of just not being able to believe how DIM a person can actually be.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Jenny has the worst hair extensions I've ever seen. It might help if she tried to make herself look a little more classy and intelligent. Or not ... she would have to possess real class and inteligence to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Jenny has the worst hair extensions I've ever seen. It might help if she tried to make herself look a little more classy and intelligent. Or not ... she would have to possess real class and inteligence to pull it off.
    Today she said when she is with a boyfriend, a couple of them that can't climax unless they look at her feet. Yup, this show has gone to the dogs
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think the approach that Jenny has taken has certainly worked to get her fame and fortune. If she tried to make it in the public eye on being classy and intellient, I think she'd fail, because there are plenty of people out there who have more class and intelligence, and they'd take her thunder in that arena. Jenny has been successful because she's been willing to take steps and do things that others are not. She's willing to take her clothes off for a magazine shoot. She's willing to say outrageous things. She's willing to put herself out there to be judged on her looks and sexuality in ways that many would be uncomfortable with. I think there's a comparison to be made with her that would be similar to Miley Cyrus and Adele. Adele can keep her clothes on, stand at a microphone in a very unsuggetive way, and keep most of her private life very private because she's got an AMAZING voice and people want to hear her sing. Miley cannot sing quite as well, so she takes her clothes off, twerks, and does other outrageous things, and because of it, people will also listen to her sing. Jenny's made it work for her, but she's resorted to the tactics that she has because she's not as gifted as others in terms of class and intelligence as a TV personality. As I said the other day, to me the BIG qustion with that is back when The View first started, and Barbara did the openingtalking about how she always wanted to do a show where women of different perspectives came together and shared their views, is the image of someone who uses shock to get attention what she had in mind. When you consider that Debbie M was fired for behavior that Barbara didn't think was appropriate for The VIew, I think it's safe to say the show has lost its way.
    Fanny Mare and AlwaysVeg like this.

I'm not a real country music fan, but the boy who admired and sang with Keith Urban was, admittedly, pretty good. Keith gave him an electric guitar; I wanted Keith to sign the acoustic one, as a keepsake. Pretty talented kid.

+ Reply to Thread