+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Hell on Wheels is a very good show. It's up there with Deadwood, easily. That Wild West kind of thing. The rapper, Common, also proves what a fantastic actor he is in this show. Mount is a man with serious issues, in this show. His acting holds up well. There is a season 2 marathon on AMC on Saturday; the new season begins with a 2 hour premier that night, not on Sunday. Good, good show.

While TWC is mistreating its subscribers in regard to CBS, DISH is abusing us. They've taken NBC off the air while they are in dispute. Luckily, I don't watch much on NBC.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Hell on Wheels is a very good show.
    So is this the show this hottie can be found on? 'Cause I just might have to start tuning in.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

That's right. Just be glad there's no smell-a-vision yet!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    That's right. Just be glad there's no smell-a-vision yet!
    Lol...why's that?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

These are not the cleanest people in the world. They lived in tents, the last I saw. So did the prostitutes. It's pretty true to the times of when the Transcontinental Railroad was being built.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yaaaaaay Whoopie! She went off on Time Warner Cable today depriving us from Showtime! She voiced what the customers are feeling. We are paying for a service and then we get screwed. Thanks Whoopie. I don't know if it will matter, but it made me feel better.

Oh, I called TWC on Monday and expressed my feelings. I'm sure it goes in one ear and out the other. Those reps have no control. They just wore their ear off for nothing. lol
    Yes!!! I was sooooo happy to hear Whoopie talking about Time Warner Cable's blocking out of certain channels too. Here in the midwest they've blocked out NBC for close to 2 weeks now. I know it's CBS in some areas, and Showtime in others. I've called TWC too --- but I wish I knew if there was some viewer petition or something that we could support. Whoopie suggested a class action lawsuit. That would be amazing, but I doubt that anyone would actually file one.

Just for whatever it's worth, I was told by TWC last year, when they pulled this stunt, that if they didn't block out the channel while they were negotiating with the network, they would instead have to RAISE our bills. Can you believe that? They have the nerve to say that they would HAVE TO raise our bills. Seriously?????

FORT Fogey

I was actually surprised that someone who works in TV and should understand the business would go off like Whoopi did. I wonder if ABC didn't encourage it since they have battles like that of their own from time to time. THe problem is that CBS is trying to make Time Warner pay A LOT more to carry CBS. Time Warner could agree very quickly, and just pass the expense off to their subscribers through higher cable bills. They are trying not to do that. If they did what Whoopi was saying they should, then she'd be mad that her bill was higher!

I could be wrong, but I would think that if the companies did not take the disputed channels off the air that they, by their non-action, would be consenting to the much higher fees by their inaction. Tacit agreement, if you will.

I really hate that my Joy-Joy is leaving. She is a unique individual.

FORT Fogey

I have not felt a great deal of Joy love over the years. I'm glad she's been on the show, and think she contributes well, but she gets on my nerves a lot. That said, I was REALLY impresed with the way she handled her last live show yesterday. I know that today's show (which was taped) is the big Joy extravaganza, but yesterday was pretty significant since it was her last hour of doing the show. They acknowledged it in hot topics and WHoopi got choked up, but Joy was VERY humble and ready to move the conversation along. At the end of the show, Sherri said the final "take some time to enjoy the view" and acknowledged Joy in it, but Joy did not allow it to be all about her. She barely even looked up from the backpack she was working on to acknowledge it. I think it said SO much about her character and what a team player she is. I've said before that i think other women have failed on the show because they can't be part of an ensamble and let others enjoy the spotlight. Joy showed that she's the exact opposite of that - someone willing to say the show is not about her. She was byond a class act about it, and I applaud her.

+ Reply to Thread