+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

Boy. The minute i saw him on the show, i thought, "this man just came from the bar." His actions were too uncharacteristic of him. Also, watching tuesday's show was a surprise. I thought there were going to be celeb guests instead they put the light on adoption and the foster care system. I can see that as being Rosie's idea, that was extremely kind of her.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    y'know ... i'm really getting tired of georgie w pre-empting my favorite part of the view (hot topics)!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Thanks for saying that. I didn't want to be the only crab on the board!

He's really got a thing about 11 a.m., doesn't he?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

it's frustrating ... i record it everyday while i'm at work and it's the first thing i watch when i get home ... and just as the discussion is getting good, POOF! they're gone.

You know what? I agree, for some reason it always gets preempted whenever he has a speech. But then i go around and i see comments that others have seen it so i wonder, wth?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Would have been tolerable if he had actually told us something in that speech (admitting his failures, changing his strategy, withdrawing troops), but no. He essentially told us absolutely nothing and wasted good air time doing it.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2171518;
    You know what? I agree, for some reason it always gets preempted whenever he has a speech. But then i go around and i see comments that others have seen it so i wonder, wth?
    The networks sends out both feeds - the special report on the news, and The View. Since not all stations run The View at the same time, they have to send it out for those whose broadcast of the show is not interrupted by a special report such as a presidential speech. Then, with varying degrees of flexibility, it's the call of the station rather to interrupt the regular programming with the special news report, or to continue regular programming.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2171522;
    Would have been tolerable if he had actually told us something in that speech (admitting his failures, changing his strategy, withdrawing troops), but no. He essentially told us absolutely nothing and wasted good air time doing it.

That is pretty typical for "W", isn't it? Then we get to hear about it for the rest of the day.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Been hearing all over the news the last few days that Rosie might be leaving the show to join Nip/Tuck fulltime, and apparently she squashed those rumors during yesterday's episode (must have been during "W"s speech since I don't remember hearing it). This article mentions it and the Nielsen ratings increase of 15% since she joined the show. I wouldn't be at all suprised if they finally win the daytime emmy this year. That would really burn Star Jones' ego.

Quote Originally Posted by FORBES
    Rosie Says She's Not Leaving 'The View'
    Associated Press 12.08.06, 11:50 AM ET

She's only been on "The View" for three months and already there are published rumors that Rosie O'Donnell wants out. She tried to shoot them down on Thursday.

O'Donnell, during Thursday's show, said she had answered an audience member's question during a commercial break the day before and mentioned how she would like to work on FX's "Nip/Tuck." She noted that it filmed during the summer, during "The View" vacation break.

"Don't anybody worry where Rosie's going," she said. "She's right here."

O'Donnell has already had a colorful tenure on the daytime chatfest, with fur flying occasionally during talks with her more conservative co-star, Elisabeth Hasselbeck. But viewers have responded: the show had its highest November audience in its history, up 15 percent over last year, according to Nielsen Media Research.

"The View" creator Barbara Walters said Thursday that she had gotten a phone call from actor Danny DeVito, who appeared drunk during a colorful appearance on the show last week after a night out with pal George Clooney.

DeVito told Walters that he wasn't drunk. Just groggy.

The audience roared.

"Danny, I love ya," O'Donnell said. "It's all right that you were drunk."

Walters said DeVito invited her out the next time he goes drinking with Clooney.

They won't even have to buy booze. Makers of the liquor Limoncello, DeVito's drink of choice that fateful night, were so happy with all the publicity they sent a case over to "The View" in appreciation, Walters said.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2172181;
    I wouldn't be at all suprised if they finally win the daytime emmy this year. That would really burn Star Jones' ego.
    that would be HILIARIOUS! my daughter and i were watching today and i commented how much i love the show now that star is gone ... the gals seem to have so much more fun laughing and joking around with each other. and can you believe it, i even like elizabeth!!

+ Reply to Thread