+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Breaking Point" - Episode 8 - 11/23

"" - Episode 8(?) - 11/23

JACK AND VAUGHN ALLY THEMSELVES WITH SLOANE IN ORDER TO EXTRACT SYDNEY FROM NSC CUSTODY - BEFORE SHE IS FORCED TO UNDERGO RADICAL SURGERY TO RECOVER HER MEMORY -- ON ABC'S "ALIAS"

Richard Roundtree ("Shaft") Guest Stars as Brill, the Rescue Team Leader

"Breaking Point" - When Sydney is taken into custody by the NSC, Jack and Vaughn have no choice but to ally themselves with Sloane to rescue her. But with only hours to spare before she is forced to undergo a radical surgery to recover her memory, they must put together an extraction team, headed by freelance operative Brill (Richard Roundtree, "Shaft"). Meanwhile, Lauren faces an impossible choice -- side with the NSC, who she wants to believe is doing the right thing -- or with her husband, on "Alias," SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 23 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Alias" stars Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow, Victor Garber as Jack Bristow, Ron Rifkin as Arvin Sloane, Michael Vartan as Michael Vaughn, Carl Lumbly as Marcus Dixon, Kevin Weisman as Marshall Flinkman, Melissa George as Lauren Reed, Greg Grunberg as Eric Weiss and David Anders as Mr. Sark.

Guest starring are Kurt Fuller as Lindsey, Pruitt Taylor Vince as Campbell/Schapker, Hector Atreyu Ruiz as guiding MP, Erick Avari as Dr. Vasson, John Eric Bentley as MP no. 2, Pancho Demmings as security station MP no. 1, Richard Roundtree as Brill, Robert W. Sudduth as college kid, Fred Saldone as FEMA guard, Javier Grajeda as FEMA supervisor and Travis Aaron as security station MP no. 2.

"Breaking Point" was written by Breen Frazier and directed by Dan Attias.

"Alias" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound.

Awesome episode!!! It had great action and suspense, although we didn't learn any real new developments in those missing two years. I guess we will next week though. I'm pretty shocked that Jack and Vaughn went through all that to rescue Sydney...well, that aspect isn't too shocking considering they care for her. What really shocks me...is what potential consequences they'll have to face. I hope they get rid of Lindsey...I really hate that guy.

Next week!!!! It seems Lauren is bad. Aha!

I didn't suspect at all that the guy next to Syd's cell was a plant. I even felt sorry for him. That bastard!

I still can't shake the feeling that Sloane has a hidden agenda even if he helped Jack rescue Syd. I wonder now that she has escaped with the help from the others, will Lindsey report all of them, even Lauren? What about Dixon? I hope he is re-instated soon because Lindsey is a jerk.

Lauren might be evil as some of you suspected. We'll have to wait and see next week.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    I'm wondering why Lauren left Camp Williams with the extraction team - doesn't that point directly to Vaughn and therefore Jack? I still suspect Lauren is a bad guy and I'm looking forward to learning more next week!!!

Tiger

This was an interesting episode. But if you work for the CIA, and you're under suspicion of having done something bad, is it really anything close to plausible that you can be gone for what seems like at least 24 hours to run a mission like this without anyone saying "where the heck are Jack and Vaughn?"

Jay
    My favorite line (I hope this is accurate):

Vaughn: I didn't know you wear glasses.
    Jack: Only when I perform surgery.

The prophetic line in this episode may have been when Lindsey said Sydney's profile showed that "empathetic suffering" was more effective a technique on her than physical torture.

Based on the previews for next week which seem to indicate Lauren played a role in the two missing years, what if Sydney's memory is blocked because she doesn't want Vaughn to suffer?

I try so hard to figure out where this is going, and how Sydney and Vaughn will get back together .... s

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    I try so hard to figure out where this is going .... s
    One of the things I love about this show is how unpredictable it is! At the end of any given episode, I come to the FORT to read the great storylines proposed by other members...and the storylines on the show are always just a touch more outlandish than whatever we've dreamed up! (with the exception of Syd placing the transponder on Vaughn after stabbing him - good call!)

In the meantime, I'll just sit here and wait for Syd and Vaughn to get back together...

Tiger

Wolf said
    I didn't suspect at all that the guy next to Syd's cell was a plant. I even felt sorry for him. That bastard!
    I can't believe you missed that Wolf! Didn't they try to do that to Sydney in the first season? Lock her up with someone else and pretend they were getting killed or tortured. She caught the trick though because there was no blood on the knife. That's why she gave the wrong coordinates.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

I don't think she caught the trick, I just think she panicked and gave the wrong coordinates, figuring it would buy her some more time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast