+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11/07 "Surrender"

11/07 "Surrender"

SURRENDER
    10pm 2003-11-07
    SULLY FIGHTS TO KEEP VITAL JUDGE ALIVE FOR IMPORTANT COURT CASE; OSCAR NOMINEE ANN-MARGRET GUEST-STARS -- After another bomb blast threatens the life of a prominent judge (Oscar nominee and guest star Ann-Margret, "Grumpy Old Men"), a desperate Officer Sully (Skipp Sudduth) takes her to the only safe place he knows for the night -- his modest apartment -- as the police scramble to protect her until the jurist can preside over the murder trial of "Animal," a drug-dealing biker gang member. Meanwhile, a defiant Cruz (Tia Texada) seeks out the man who sexually humbled her while she was undercover as a masseuse but her vengeance causes her to forget a crucial court date to testify against 'Animal." Elsewhere, a recuperating and furious Yokas (Molly Price) consults a psychiatrist over her extreme phantom pain for which doctors have no explanation. Chris Bauer, Coby Bell, Anthony Ruivivar, Nia Long, Kim Raver and Jason Wiles also star. TV-14
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Uh oh. What does this mean for Cruz???

*big huge gasp*

Ohh my goodness . . . An' here she was telling Munroe to tell Bosco not to (expletive) up.

Big hoppin'-whoppin' OOPSIE!

Now this is a good way fer Cruz tauh git her own. Rape is bad, but this is good story development.

'Course, it wouldn'ah occurred if Cruz hadn't gotten raped . . . 'Course if I had written that episode I could'ah made it different -- but I would'ah probably made it longer too, heh. :p

I will definitely enjoy seeing this one.

And is it just me, or are the writers being very obvious in their plans for Sully and Miss Judge-Person?
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

LG.
    Don't forget, TWits, TW is on TONIGHT!!!!

Set your vcrs or brains to make sure you don't miss it.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I'm still deciding.

I think that "I'm paralyzed" made TW jump the shark. I just can't get in to it now.

I might tape it. I can't watch it for awhile yet though. Hmm.

LG.
    I know, I'm having a tough time this season too. I'm trying to think what the writers could have done besides stupid paralysis, but all I can come up with is kill off Faith in the shoot out. That would have been less of a soap opera, but, um, then we'd never get Faith back and that would have sucked too. Have that baby and get back to work
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

They could have done a lot besides paralysis. What about just an injury that takes her aw hile to recover from? Why the stupid drama?

Well, what sort of "long-term" injuries are there that suggest as much hope as this supposed "temporary paralysis"?

Me, personally, I see it for what it is: a way to keep Faith as a cameo while she has her child. I don't think TW's 'jumped the shark' or anything like that. I see no need to read so deeply between the lines.

'Course, that's just me, and maybe I feel I owe a bit more loyalty to the show than most. *shrugs*

On any event, it's currently on for Pacfici TWits, and I'm wondering if we actually will see a change in Cruz's Character. Texada ain't a bad actress, I'll certainly give 'er that. I can't tell if she really feels like a rape victim or if she's truly, truly pissed she let her guard down.

Ugh, for some reason, I feel dirty rationalizing such a tramautic experience as this . . .

ADDITION:
    Heh-heh, Yokas' therapy issue was taken a bit lightly I think. People who truly believe they need help will go, and I don't think it takes 'em five minutes to make the decision; it took me a good two years'r so.
    Last edited by Guardian105; 11-08-2003 at 01:19 AM.

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Well I am finally catching up on my tapes. I think that the whole Cruz storyline is ridiculous. She gets hired, raped, arrests some other poor guy with a problem (I know, episode prior to this!), and nobody realizes she's a COP??? UGH. I just think the whole storyline is so damn far fetched.

As far as Kim and Doc - what is up with Doc? He needs to come back to the field. He's better at that.

I hope they don't hook up Sully and the Judge. The Tatiana story got played out and I think the judge storyline will too.

I liked it better when this show was different every week and not everything tied together (like L&O in a way - things don't always have to flow week after week!)

They are jumping around so much (they introduce Ty's ex and the whole law school thing, then drop it, Jimmy is a rotten lieutenant, but then they don't show anything further. etc.). If they're going to have continuing storylines, do it! If they're not, Don't!

I'm rambling! But I think the show has gotten very choppy. (needless to say, I will still watch every episode, because I do love the characters). I just wish for some better flow. And no more Cruz.

and a total side note, it's just hilarious to flip to reruns of 90210 on FX and see BOSCO!

Now that you mention it marybethp, Third Watch kindah has a history of choppiness I think. The writers start with something, then don't seem to know how to end it, so they let it drop.

Of course, I've only really seen that occur with Ty's girlfriend 'n' such.

Otherwise, I don't think the examples you brought up were handled as badly. The writers offered some form of closure with Jimmy near the end of that particular episode: he admitted he sucked, but asked for the help of his 'brothers.'

With Ty's first girlfriend, I think she was just a small bit-player as is; I didn't expect her to be around long -- I didn't necessarily want her to be either. :p

Anyway, I think that Character was there mainly to open up this new door for Ty; all she needed to do was be there and flaunt her success, then Sully and Ty took the reins and it's back to the original Characters of the show.

But maybe that's just me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast